Nationals

Todoroki's pov

"I can walk by myself." I sighed leaning against the wall.

I've arrived extremely early to the competition. I brought nothing but my music book. My nurse followed me all the way here. She's worried that something might happen. I hated this feeling. The feeling of being looked down upon. My back slid down the cold tile wall eventually sitting on the floor. I opened my music book setting it on my lap. Then I practiced until more people began to show up. Not as many people should be performing as normal. The last number is probably about 70.

"Number 5!" The backstage man called.

Today my number is 22. Bakugou hasn't showed up yet. His number is 21 since it goes off of the order applications were turned in. Looking around I gulped down the feeling of anxiety. Every now and than people would glance at me and whisper to others. Suddenly a spikey blonde crouched in front of me.

"Didn't expect you to be here so early." Katsuki grumbled.

"Why not?" I smiled slightly.

"You always arrive almost late." He glared.

"Shut up already." I rolled my eyes.

I leaned closer to him pressing my lips against his. The kiss didn't last long due to me not wanting to draw more attention than I already have. Bakugou stood up reaching his hand out to help me up. I grabbed it tightly standing up. I hope he didn't realize how it took me longer than normal to gain my balance.

"Number 6!" The backstage called out.

"We should go get changed." I suggested.

"We have plenty of time." Katsuki replied.

"You say that until you're rushing." I chuckled.

I began walking to the bathroom without him. Katsuki quickly stomped behind me grumbling to himself. Surprisingly nobody was in the bathroom as I searched through the pile of suits. Finally I found mine and went into a stall. Once inside I took my clothes off beginning to change. I sighed getting flustered when my legs weren't co-operating. I was trying to get my pants on but my legs were like a statue whenever I tried to move. It was only going to be a momentarily thing. I felt helpless even knowing that.

"Katsuki." I gulped.

"What?" He grumbled as I heard him going through the suits.

"I need...help." I replied.

"Shoto we're just about to-" Katsuki began.

"I don't mean it like that just get in here!" I ran my hand through my hair.

He walked over as I unlocked the door allowing him inside. Luckily this was a spacious stall that we weren't too close. Locking it behind him I could feel tears brim from me being so flustered. Especially having to be in this situation.

"I'm sorry I would've done this myself but my legs are just not-" I began to ramble.

"Will you just shut up? No need to explain everything." He bent down beginning to help me.

"Number 13!" A guy called in the distance.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Mhm." He stood up kissing my cheek as he left the stall.

I finished buttoning everything as I left the stall. Looking at myself in the mirror I did my tie. Katsuki soon walked out of one the stalls doing the same.

"You can never get your ties straight can you?" I chuckled straightening it out.

"I like it loose." He rolled his eyes.