afterglow || 3:8

now playing:

AFTERGLOW
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Miss Americana's New Muse?

It seems as though our American Small Town Sweetheart has taken a new lover in the City of Angels.

Madelyn Peters was spotted out on the town with new beau late at night earlier this week.

More on the pop star's new man and their LA date night on the next page.

.__.__.__.

The words rang in her head as she walked through the airport. Her eyes were drawn to the big and bold letters on the front page of every magazine she walked past. She had already tried calling Lucas multiple times, hoping he hadn't already seen the news. But by his consistent missing answers she assumed the news had already been broken.

After finding her seat, she quickly pulled out her notebook, trying to find an empty page. But by quickly flipping through the pages, a photo flew out from between the sheets. A photo of she and Luke at the party before the first day of school. Tears filling her eyes she quickly wrote down some lyrics.

Why'd I have to break what I love so much?

Soon enough, she had a chorus and a bridge.

I'm the one who burned us down,
But it's not what I meant,
I'm sorry that I hurt you,
I don't wanna do, I don't wanna do this to you,
I don't wanna lose, I don't wanna lose this with you

Tell me that you're still mine,
Tell me that we'll be just fine,
Even when I lose my mind,
I need to say...
Tell me that it's not my fault,
Tell me that I'm all you want,
Even when I break your heart

She showed up just in time for the first game of the season. She tried to catch Luke before the game but she was too late.

"Mads, what the hell?!" Peyton exclaimed when she walked into the locker room.

"So you saw it?" she sluggishly tossed her bag onto the bench.

"I can't believe you would do that to Lucas! You love him!" Peyton continued.

"I didn't do anything! It's the stupid tabloids! And-"

"So you weren't with that guy?"

"No I was but-"

"So it is true."

"No it's not," Madelyn angrily pulled her cheer uniform on.

._._._.

Madelyn stood outside the locker room, waiting to hopefully talk to Lucas. When he walked out the door, she stood up straight, looking at him expectantly.

"Hey Luke-" Rachel called from behind him.

Lucas looked at Madelyn for a moment longer before looking to Rachel, "Can I get a ride?" he asked the redhead.

"Sure," she responded, and the two walked off together leaving a sad eyed singer behind them.

._._._.

Madelyn slowly knocked on Lucas's door. It quickly flung open to reveal the blonde before he tried to close it again.

"Lucas please," she stopped the door with her hand. "Just let me explain," she begged.

"Explain what?" Lucas folded his arms. "Your new boyfriend? Because you don't have to worry, I got the inside scoop."

"God," she dropped her head quickly, "he's not my boyfriend. You are," she emphasized. "The tabloids in LA are nonsense. The guy in the photos?" He nodded. "His name is Charlie. He was playing you in my next music video," she explained.

"Cool, so the new me took you on a date around LA-"

"No Luke. He's not- We went out, okay?"

"So exactly like it says, what are we talking about?"

"You're not hearing me. We went out. As in, the whole crew went out to celebrate finishing the video. The paps like to make photos to fit their objective. That doesn't mean it's true!" she exclaimed.

Lucas stayed silent.

"Okay, um," Madelyn nodded, swallowing tightly, "I've said what I need to say. Goodnight, Lucas," she nodded at him and made her way back to her car. Once her door closed, Lucas looked away from where her figure once was and to the ground. A piece of paper laid there, folded into a small square.

Unfolding it he read the top words on page.

Afterglow
Madelyn Peters

Fighting with a true love is boxing with no gloves,
Chemistry till it blows up,
Till there's no us

Why'd I have to break what I love so much,
It's on your face,
And I'm to blame,
I need to say...

the song : afterglow by taylor swift

yeah idk how I feel about this one. I think the idea was there but the execution was flawed. whatever tho