new romantics || 3:18

now playing:

NEW ROMANTICS
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

We're all bored,
We're all so tired of everything

"Hey Luke! We gotta go!" Nathan called out. 

Lucas picked up his and Maddie's bags, knocking on his mom's bedroom door.

"So mom, I'm gonna take off, okay?"

No answer.

"Hello?" he knocked again but was once again met with silence from her. "Well, I'll- I'll be on my cell if you need anything." Madelyn walked over to him, looping her arm around his.

"Don't take it personally," she told him, "she's been through a lot. You both have."

"I know, but she just seems so hopeless," Lucas explains.

"She'll get her hope back, Luke, we all will," she tugged him toward the door.

We wait for trains that just aren't coming

"Hey does anyone know anything about this place we're going to?" Haley asked.

"All Rachel said was that it was a cabin," Madelyn responded, her and Lucas joining the group that was packing the cars.

"Ugh, does Rachel really have to come? Can't we just leave her?" Brooke wined.

"Well, considering it's her family's place, I don't really think we have an option," Peyton stated.

"I'm just saying, think about it," Brooke suggested.

Rachel rolled up in her car, honking at the group. 

"Hey party people," she called out with her window rolled down, Bevin sitting in the passenger's seat.

"Hey baby, ready to conquer the great outdoors?" Bevin called to Skills.

"If you say so," Skills replied.

"Skills," Lucas tossed his bag to him.

"That didn't sound very enthusiastic," Warren called out.

"Yeah, Skills isn't really the outdoor type," Bevin replied.

"Neither am I," Madelyn whispered to Lucas, who jokingly shoved her off.

"Oh, that's okay, Pete isn't either and he's still gonna try to meet us out there," Peyton added.

"Who's Pete?" Haley asked.

"Fall Out Boy," Brooke answered. "He's Peyton's imaginary friend."

"Brooke, he's not imaginary. You saw us together at the concert," Peyton argued.

"And now he loves you," Brooke sang, placing Peyton's bag in the trunk. "Wasn't it nice of Pete to put your bag in the car?" She laughed and skipped away.

"You guys, he's coming," Peyton promised.

"Hey, you know what? Kanye rolling through too," Skills added.

Skills and Mouth tossed a large suitcase into the trunk.

"Skills, we are only gonna be gone for two nights," Bevin reminded, laughing. "What is in that thing?"