marjorie || 3:21

now playing:

MARJORIE
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Never be so polite, you forget your power,
Never wield such power, you forget to be polite,
And if I didn't know better,
I'd think you were listening to me now,
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were still around.

"Hey everyone," Madelyn walked onto the stage with her guitar strapped onto her shoulder. Cheers rang out from the crowd. She winked at Nathan and Haley sitting front and center. "So this flu going around has knocked us down some actors. So we're gonna have a brief intermission while everyone learns their new roles." Laughter rang out in TRIC.

"So I think we all know that there's something missing from today. Or I guess someone," she smiled sadly toward Karen near the bar. "I um- I found some tapes and it inspired me to write a song. This one's for you Keith. I hope you all enjoy," she nodded toward Mouth to play a track and began to strum on her guitar.

"The autumn chill that wakes me up,
You loved the amber skies so much,
Long limbs and frozen swims, 
You'd always go past where our feet could touch,
" she glanced over to where she saw Lucas in the wings, watching the recognition on his face as the stories he told her about Keith. 

"And I complained the whole way there,
The car ride back and up the stairs,
I should've asked you questions,
I should've asked you how to be,

Asked you to write it down for me,
Should've kept every grocery store receipt,
'Cause every scrap of you would be taken from me,
" she noticed the teary-eyes in the audience.

"All your closets of backlogged dreams," she turned to Lucas, "And how you left them all to me."

"What died didn't stay dead,
What died didn't stay dead,
You're alive, you're alive in my head,
What died didn't stay dead,
You're alive, so alive."

Madelyn nodded toward Karen in the audience, making eye contact with the woman, through the tears streaming down her face.

"And if I didn't know better,
I'd think you were singing to me now,
" the background music was overpowered by a track on the song. A track of Keith's laughter.

"If I didn't know better,
I'd think you were still around,
I know better,
But I still feel you, all around,
I know better,
But you're still around."

The saddened crowd sat still for a moment before applause rumbled through the crowd. Madelyn quickly made her way down the stage and to where Karen stood.

"I- I'm so sorry if that was too much or something. I thought, since it was like a family event that it would be nice and-" she was cut off by Karen pulling her into her arms. 

"It was lovely," Karen whispered, hugging the girl tighter.

"I'm glad you liked it," Madelyn whispered back. She partly pulled away from the hug, "I have to get back and help out with the next part of the show but I have the song loaded on a disc already and I have another of just the tracks I was able to find if you want them," she explained.

"I'd love that," Karen nodded at her.

"I'll get them to you," Madelyn smiled back at the woman before rushing off.

Once arriving back stage she ran into Lucas.

"Luke," she spoke softly.

"Your song-" he started.

"I'm sorry if it was a lot, I should've warned you. I just thought that it would be a good surprise today and-" Madelyn was cut off once again. This time though, by Lucas planting a kiss on her lips.

"I loved it, Angel, thank you," he whispered.

"I'm glad," she whispered back, kissing him once more.

"Madelyn!" Brooke whisper-screeched at her.

"I'm being called," she kissed him one last time before slipping out of his arms.

the song : marjorie by taylor swift

okay so this is kinda weird but if you don't know in taylor's song when she says "singing to me now" it plays a recording of her late grandmother singing so I basically took that idea but made it for keith and since he doesn't sing I thought laughing would be the next best thing