half of my hometown || 4:9

now playing:

HALF OF MY HOMETOWN
by : madelyn peters

| II |

Half of my high school got too drunk
Half of my high school fell in love with the girl next door,
In their daddy's ford

The cheerleaders are all cramed into Rachel's car behind the bus.

"I can't believe Whitey wouldn't let us ride the bus. And now thanks to Haley, we're gonna miss the game," Brooke complained.

"Brooke, I'm pregnant and I'm not feeling very well," Haley defended.

"I don't mean it sucks because we're gonna be late, honey. I mean it sucks because Peyton's here."

"You guys seriously need to work things out," Rachel stated.

"I'm with her!" Madelyn called out from the back row, her head resting against Bevin's shoulder.

"I mean when I was in fat-girl therapy... Look, maybe role-playing.It's when everyone speaks as someone else. It might help. Or it could just make things really horrible, but that could be fun too."

"Okay, I'll go first," Haley started a voice, "My name's Rachel and I'm a dumbass who's failing calculus and I really like to hit on married guys."

"See? Fun. Kind of like when I slept with Nathan," Rachel congratulated herself, "Damn that was good."

"Okay, Peyton here," Brooke started, "I like to steal boys but I'm afraid to tell them how I feel."

"Speaking of stealing," Peyton started, "Hi I'm Brooke and I stole my friend Peyton's artwork so I could put it on my clothing line and I never even said thank you."

"Okay, Peyton here again. Have I mentioned that if you love me you're probably gonna die soon? See mothers one and two."

"Brooke," Madelyn spoke up disaprovingly.

"My name's Rachel and I have red hair," Bevin said confidently.

Peyton hit Brooke. Who then retaliated.

"Oh I am gonna kick your ass!" Brooke said through gritted teeth.

"Hey, hey, stop it!" Everyone pushed them apart.

Half of my main street's mini skirts
Half of my main street's dressed for chruch
It could use some rain
And a fresh coat of paint

._._._.

Half of my hometown's still hanging around,
Still talkin' about that state champ
They're still wearing Blue and Black
Go Ravens

The girls had finally made it and were getting ready for the game in a lounge room. Madelyn was writing, trying to ignore the argment between Haley and Rachel and then between Peyton and Brooke.

"You were wrong," Peyton stated, looking at Brooke. "You said in the car I was afraid to tell Warren how I feel but you're wrong, I told him last night. He doesn't wanna be with me."

Brooke just looked at her.

"You can smile now," Peyton said, getting up from her seat and walking off.

While the other half of my hometown, they all got out,
Some went North, some went South

._._._.