the lakes || 3:9

now playing:

THE LAKES
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Madelyn knocked on and opened Lucas's door. He stood up from his bed confused. Mads flung a handful of papers toward him.

"What's this?" he asked, taking the papers from her.

"It's every song I've written about you. Look I know you didn't ask for this. The part time traveling and the gossip sites and the- anyway I just want to apologize for letting things come to this. And I hope that from these you know how much I love and care about you. And I hope that it makes up for everything you've had to deal with," she uncomfortably shoved her hands into the pockets of her jeans, "I'm sorry about everything Luke. I'll see you around," she nodded and turned away from him.

"Maddie," Lucas put the papers on his dresser and chased after her, grabbing onto her arm.

"Lucas," she put her hand up, "you don't have to. Really, it's okay. It became too much for you. You can't trust me anymore."

"No, no, Mads, that's not it. Look, I got a little jealous. That's not what I meant. I didn't want to lose this with you!" He placed his hands on her hips, Madelyn placing her hands on his forearms. "I love you, Madelyn. I love everything about you. I love the way you smile. The way you always play with my fingers when you hold my hand. I love the way you mouth the words as you write your lyrics. Mads, I'm so in love with you it's embarrassing," he smiled down at her, wiping a stray tear from her cheek.

"Lucas, I love you so much," she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to meet her lips. She broke away from him, laughing, "and I'm so glad we're not breaking up because that was most of my song book so I'm pretty sure I can only write songs about you," she pulled him back to her lips, smiling into the kiss.

._._._.

"This one's new," Lucas said, lifting a paper from the top of the pile, walking over to where Madelyn laid on his bed. "The Lakes?"

"Oh, that one's not done. I- uh- that was something I was writing after- uh- the other day," she remembered their fight. "It's about escaping to our safe place. That- uh- lake where we talked for the first time when you towed my car," she explained, he sent her a soft smile.

"Afterglow was good," he stated smugly.

"That's where it went," she shot up, playfully slapping his shoulder.

"You dropped it when you left," he laid on his back. "So how does it go?"

"Afterglow?" she asked.

"The Lakes," he responded.

"Oh, I don't know about that..." Madelyn laughed suspiciously.

"Oh come on," he begged, "sing me to sleep, angel."

"It's not finished," Madelyn continued.

"Please," he rolled over on top of her, his head resting on her chest, her heartbeat pounding in his ear.

"Fine," she grumbled.

"Is it romantic how all my elegies,
Eulogize me
I'm not cut out for all these cynical clones,
These hunters with cell phones," she sang softly. He could feel the vibrations of her voice move through her chest as she sang.

"Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die,I don't belong,
And, my beloved, neither do you,
These Windermere peaks look like a perfect place to hide,
I'm setting off,
But not without my muse,
No, not without you..."

the song : the lakes by taylor swift

I hope you caught that one sentence. basically the lake is an important place for them. like this song and also in their song: mine if you know the lyrics to that song. the chorus says "I remember how we felt sitting by the water, you put your arm around me for the first time" so if you remember what happened in change, it's that.