heartfirst || 3:15

now playing:

HEARTFIRST
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

That voice in my head says to slow down,
But it can't see the way you're looking at me right now,

All attention was drawn to the TVs in the hallway of Tree Hill High. The TVs showing the videos that weren't supposed to be seen for 30 years. 

"...that doesn't change the fact that I need to get closer to my father. Because if I can closer to him, then maybe I can beat him..." Lucas's voice rang out from the screen. "Once and for all. And set the people that I love free. I just hope I have the strength to tear him down for good."

Eyes landed on Lucas standing next to the lockers in the hallway. 

Next was Brooke, who grew red in embarassment when she flashed the camera. But the tone turned dark when Jimmy Edwards's video came up. He ranted about his anger toward everyone at the school and how much he hated it there.

._._._.

It may not be next week what I need,
But then again, maybe it might be,

"Hello, losers," Madelyn flung open Lucas's door, greeting both him and Haley as they watched the time capsule videos on the internet. Mads jumped onto his bed, laying practically on top of Haley.

"Miss Americana finally decided to grace us with her presence," Haley laughed, shoving Madelyn off of her.

"Ugh, sorry I'm late. My agent was freaking out about this time capsule video and trying to control the media and just- ugh," she covered her face with one of Lucas's pillows, yelling into it.

"Why? It's not like you said anything bad," Haley questioned.

"You've seen it?" Lucas asked her.

"You haven't?" Haley furrowed her brows at him and began typing on the computer.

"No Hales, don't-" Madelyn tried to protest but the video was already playing.

"Hi, I'm Madelyn Peters, but hopefully you already know that, 30 years from now. Um- what am I supposed to say. I'm- uh- a singer and a songwriter. I'm a best friend and a daughter and a girlfriend," the Madelyn on the video smiled largely at the words. "His name is Lucas Scott and he's definitely my muse. I don't think I would've been able to write half of the songs I have if I didn't have him as my inspiration. I hope in the future you aren't afraid of love. I hope you've learned to just dive in with your heart first and hope for the best. My sister, Peyton Sawyer, she's not really my sister by blood but we've been through thick and thin together so I think the title is deserved, she's been struggling with her control over her life and I'm trying to find a way to help her but I can't think of anything that would solve all her problems and it's killing me. Oh and of course there's my other best friend, Miss Brooke Davis. She's currently ruling the school and I'm so proud of all she's become. Another one of my best friends, Haley James-Scott, she's on tour right now and I really miss her. As much as I wanna be angry with her for leaving so abruptly, I know I basically did the same thing when I was given the chance. I just want her to know that I'm cheering for her even from our little town of Tree Hill. " The voice faded out.