invisble || 1:10

now playing:

INVISIBLE
by : madelyn peters

| II |

She can't see the way your eyes light up when you smile,
She'll never notice how you stop and stare, whenever she walks by
And you can't see me wanting you the way you want her,
But you are everything to me

It was open mic night at Karen's cafe. And Peyton believed it was the perfect opportunity for Madelyn to reveal her talents to the town.

"You've gotta do it, Mads!" Peyton exclaimed, trying to encourage her during lunch.

"I don't know P. I mean, I only have like one finished song that I could sing and it's really personal," she muttered. It wasn't about the song. It was who the song was about that was giving her some pause.

"Look, Maddie, you should sing it anyway. I mean what's the worst that could happen? He finds out how you feel? It's not like you're throwing yourself at him!" Peyton justified.

"But what if he figures it out. Then he tells her. I mean, she will hate me, Peyton!" Madelyn exclaimed, tossing her books back into her bag.

"Madelyn," Peyton grabbed her hands, pulling them away from her bag, "If she isn't proud of you for putting your music out there, despite what inspired it, then she's not the friend either of us thought she was."

The bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch period.

"Would you just consider it?" Peyton asked, standing up.

"Yeah," Madelyn nodded, watching as her friend walked away.

"Consider what?" A voice asked from behind her. Madelyn turned around, startled.

"Lucas," she clutched her heart, laughing embarrassedly.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you," he started walking with her to her class. "So what is she having you consider?"

"She uh- she wants me to sing at your mom's cafe tonight," Madelyn revealed quietly.

"That- that's a great idea!" Lucas exclaimed.

"You think?" Madelyn asked with furrowed brows.

"Mads you need to let other people hear how amazing you are," he stated.

"We'll see," she concluded, disapearing into her classroom.

"I'll see you at the cafe tonight!" he called as the door shut behind her.

And I just wanna show you,
She don't even know you,
She's never gonna love you like I want to

._._._.

And you just see right through me,
But if you only knew me,
We could be a beautiful miracle, unbelievable,
Instead of just invisible

Madelyn walked into Karen's cafe, guitar in hand, confidently. But froze in the doorway at the sight of Lucas and Brooke, hands held together tight. She was quickly pulled from her head when Peyton noticed her.

"Mads! You showed!" Peyton cheered, rushing over to her friend in the doorway, throwing her arms around her. The exclamation also drew the attention of the couple that had stopped in front of her.

"Yeah," Madelyn slightly laughed, hugging her blonde friend back.

"Maddie, you singing?!" Brooke asked excitedly, taking in the guitar in her friend's hand.