it's nice to have a friend || 3:19

now playing:

IT'S NICE TO HAVE A FRIEND
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Light pink sky, up on the roof,
Sun sinks down, no curfew,
20 questions, you tell the truth
You've been stressed out lately, yeah me too
Someting gave you the nerve,
To touch my hand,
It's nice to have a friend

Madelyn waited by the locker room door for Lucas to exit. When said blonde walked out, she looped her arm with his.

"Hey honey," she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Hey. I'm sorry about tonight and causing the game to be forfeit," Lucas spoke quickly.

"Hey don't worry about it," she squeezed his arm. "I wasn't looking forward to all those high kicks anyway," Maddie joked with him.

"Well you always look good doing those high kicks," he leaned closer to her ear, "And I especially appreciate how flexible you are."

Madelyn laughed, slapping his arm playfully as the two leave.

"Seriously, baby, don't worry about tonight. You're taking care of yourself. If you're not ready to play yet, then you're not ready."

"Thanks, Angel," he pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

Church bells ring, carry me home,
Rice on the ground, looks like snow,
Call my bluff, you call me babe,
Have my back, yeah everyday

._._._.

Feels like home, stay in bed,
The whole weekend,
It's nice to have a friend,

"Madelyn!?" Lucas called out from her front door.

"Kitchen!" she called back. He slowly made his way into the kitchen, wringing his hands nervously. "Oooh, good, you're here. Come here, try this," she waves him over to her, lifting up a spoon from the soup she was making.

"Mads-" she cut him off, sticking the spoon in his mouth, "-that's good," he mumbled wiping his mouth.

"Right?!" she smiled. She put the spoon down and wiped her hands. "So what's up?"

"Can we talk?" he asked nervously.

"Yeah," she furrowed her brows, "Is everything okay?" she walked him over to the bar stools, pulling herself up onto the counter next to where he sat.

"I need to tell you something. Something that I lied to you about," he started slowly.

"Luke-" she started.

"I have-" he swallowed back some tears, "I have HCM," he revealed.

"What?" she breathed.

"I'm sorry I lied about it I guess part of me just didn't want it to change my life and- I don't know," he attempted to explain, stopping himself.

"Luke- I thought you took the test and it said-" 

"I showed you Keith's results. I just didn't want you or my mom to worry," he told her.

Madelyn swallowed slowly, glancing away from him toward the floor. Lucas stood from his stool, taking her face in his hands and standing between her legs. 

"Maddie I'm so sorry," he pleaded with her.

"I- I know," a stray tear slipped down her cheek and he wiped it away. "I know why you lied about having it, but why did you feel the need to lie to me? I wouldn't have told people if you didn't want me to," she questioned him with teary eyes.

"I guess I just thought that the less people knew about it, the less it effected me or my life," he tried to justify it, "I know it doesn't make sense I just- I don't know. I'm sorry Mads."

"Lucas, I understand," she pulled him toward her wrapping her arms and legs tightly around his body and holding him close.

She felt cold tears land on her shoulder and she squeezed him a little tighter, combing her fingers up and around the hair at the base of his head.

the song : it's nice to have a friend by taylor swift