if this was a movie || 1:12

now playing:

IF THIS WAS A MOVIE
by : madelyn peters

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Last night I heard my own heart beating,
Sounded like footsteps on my stairs,
Six months gone and I'm still reaching,
Even though I know you're not there

Madelyn was laying on Peyton's bed while she and Brooke talked when Madelyn's phone rang.

"Hello?" she answered. Her two friends glanced over to her. "Haley, slow down. What's wrong?" she asked. "Okay," Madelyn jumped from the bed, urgently grabbing her bag, waving her friends to follow.

"Madelyn what's wrong?" Brooke asked.

"Lucas. There's been an accident," Madelyn explained, "We need to get to the hospital."

I was playing back a thousand memories baby,
Thinking 'bout everything we've been through,
Maybe I've been going back too much lately,
When time stood still,
And I had you

Brooke, Madelyn, and Peyton ran into the waiting room and spotted Keith and Karen. 

"Keith," Brooke cried. "Keith is he okay?"

"Oh, honey, we don't know yet," Keith told her. 

"I was supposed to see him tonight," Brooke said. "He was supposed to come over after the airport."

"Hey Karen," Madelyn greeted quietly, pulling the mother in for a hug. She leaned back and looked to her friend. "These are my friends; Brooke, Lucas's girlfriend," she introduced. "And this Peyton."

"Who's here for Lucas Scott?" a nurse spoke up.

"I'm his mother. Is my son okay?" Karen asked.

"He's stable and in recovery."

"Uh, could you just give us a sec, girls," Keith turned to them. Peyton nodded, wrapping her arms around Brooke and Madelyn and walking away.

Come back, come back, come back to me like,
You would, you would if this was a movie,
Stand in the rain outside till I came out

._._._.

Come back, come back, come back to me like,
You could, you could, if you just said you're sorry,
I know that we could work it out somehow,
But if this was a movie, you'd be here by now

Madelyn sat in silence in the waiting room. She couldn't bring herself to leave, telling Brooke to go see him without her.

"Hey," Peyton sat next to her. "What's going through your head?"

"I don't want this to be the ending of the story," Madelyn said simply.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm falling for him, P. He's dating my best friend and I'm falling for him. It seems I can only write songs about him. And- and I just can't help but thinking about kissing him again."

"Wait, again?"

"He kissed me at the river court after that night I sang at the cafe," Madelyn explained. "Then again in the hall at school the other day." She put her head in her hands. "God I'm an awful person. He's laying there in the hospital bed with my best friend next to him holding his hand and all I can think about is wanting to kiss him again," she cried.