change || 1:1

now playing:

CHANGE
by : madelyn peters

| II |

Well it's a sad picture, the final blow hits you,
Somebody else gets what you wanted again,
You know it's all the same,
Another time and place,
Repeating history and you're getting sick of it

The girls cheered as Nathan made yet another shot. He continues to lead the Ravens in scoring until the other team makes a 10-2 run that has Whitey calling a timeout. When the Ravens go back out onto the court, Nathan is sat on the bench and Tim was in his place.

"Let's go Nathan!" Peyton cheers when he is finally put back in. 

Nathan makes the winning shot, roars coming from the stands. 

But I believe in whatever you do,
And I'll do anything to see it through,
Because these things will change

Madelyn slid toward the door in her best friend's car as she took an agressive turn. 

"Damn P, you're gonna kill me!" Madelyn exclaimed.

"Oh shut up!" Peyton laughed, slapping her on the leg. 

"No I'm serious. This is how I'm gonna go," Madelyn laid her head back against the seat and shut her eyes.

Peyton abruptly slammed on her breaks, making Madelyn's eyes shoot open as her head fell forward. She slammed her hands on the dashboard.

The car stopped inches from Lucas Scott. 

They just stared at each other until Peyton finally motioned for him to keep walking so they can continue driving.

Can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down,
It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win

._._._.

And we'll sing hallelujah,
We'll sing hallelujah
Oh oh

Peyton and Madelyn were sitting at their table in the library, writing in their respective notebooks when Madelyn felt eyes on her. She looked up and made eyecontact with Lucas across the room. He raised his fingers in a small wave and Madelyn returned a small smile but it was overshadowed by Peyton's glare. 

"Scott," Whitey called.

"What's up coach?" Nathan looked up.

"Not you," He turned to Lucas, "You." He waved him over. He looked back at Madelyn who sent him a small shrug as he stood up.

"Good Luck," she mumbled under her breath as he passed her and she could swear she heard him let out a quiet laugh in return.

So we've been out numbered,
Raided and now cornered,
It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair

._._._.

We're getting stronger now,
Find things we've never found,
They might be bigger,
But we're faster and never scared