forever & always || 2:13

now playing:

FOREVER & ALWAYS
by : madelyn peters

| II |

he holds on to the night
she looked him in the eye and told him she loved him
was she just kidding?

'cause it seems to me
this thing is breaking down, they almost never speak

Madelyn cornered Haley at her locker.

"Hey! I heard you were back!" Haley rushed to hug the girl.

"Yeah, flew in a couple days ago," she responded, leaning a shoulder against the lockers.

"Fill me in on all the dirt from LA!" Haley requested excitedly.

"I think you're the only one that has any," Madelyn responded. "I gotta ask you something-"

"Yeah."

"-Did you kiss Chris?"

Haley hesistated, scoffing before relenting, "How did you know about that?"

"That's not important-"

"It was like a goodbye kiss," Haley defended.

"With tounge?"

Haley looked upset.

"Hales, what is going on with you? You know how badly it turned out for me. And no one was married then."

Haley glanced around, closing her locker and speaking softly, "Look, he just... he kissed me. And I let him, and it was a really stupid thing to do but it's... it didn't mean anything, you know?"

Madelyn looked at her with pity, "A kiss always means something."

The bell rang out loudly.

"Just-" Madelyn stopped her from leaving, "If Nate thinks something is going on with you two, he's gonna investigate it. He's not the kind of guy to sit back and take it.

he stares at the phone
she still hasn't called
and then he feels so low, he can't feel nothin at all
and you flash back to when they said forever and always

._._._.

he looked into her eyes
thought he knew her for a minute, now he's not so sure
so here's to everything coming down to nothing

"Mads!" Haley called out, jogging to catch up with the girl down the sidewalk.

"Hey," she greeted.

"So, Nathan found out that I kissed Chris."

"You told him?" Madelyn questioned.

"No. My idiot sister has been e-mailing Chris under my screen name because apparently the drama in her own life isn't enough. And Nathan found the e-mails," Haley explained.

"How'd he take it?" she asked, shocked.

"I just told him that Taylor made it all up."

"So he didn't find out and you lied to him. Again."

"Yeah, and I feel awful about it but what's the point of telling Nathan? You said it yourself, he wouldn't take it lightly. Chris is out of my life, okay? There's no point in making Nathan feel worse by telling the truth."

"What's the truth?"

"That Chris and I are connected through music. He understands that part of me in a way that Nathan doesn't. You get that, right?"