Part 15 (Final)

The funeral went well.

"We will go first, Thorn. Will wait for you and Fang in a spaceship." Earthquake said and Thorn just nodded his head as Earthquake and others were already on their way to the spaceship.

"Are you alright Fang?" Thorn asks Fang who has been quiet since Ivan passed away.

"He has been one of my closest friends for this past few weeks. So when he suddenly passed away...I have mixed feelings. I feel sad that I lost him. I feel angry that he leaves me. I don't know Thorn. I don't know." Fang told him honestly.

"It takes time to accept it, Fang. It might be hard but we are together in this." Thorn reply.

"I hope so too," Fang said while smiling softly.

"Thorn," Someone suddenly calls. When he turns around, it's William.

"William," He calls back.

"Got a new mission?" Thorn asks as he now knows that William is one of Tapop's spies.

"Not yet. I want to go back to my planet first." William tell.

"Will they follow after you?" Thorn asks as he refers to Alvin and Alex who still sitting beside the grave as they are already ahead of the brothers.

"No. They will be on their own now." William tell.

"If you don't mind me asking. What's the past between you and Alvin?" Thorn asks curiously.

"He used to be my best friend," William finally says after a long silence.

"We used to do everything together," William says again.

"But one day he suddenly became distant from me. Leave me all alone. Give a cold shoulder. I feel sad." William says sadly.

"He tells me that he wants to follow his father which I'm against since his father is bad news," William says.

"I keep on persuading but nothing works," William said.

"Then I start by on my own. But then, I found out that Alvin lost his mother. I... he's my best friend. I can't leave him all alone. So even if he pushes me away, I want to be there for him." William tells again.

"We got close again and I couldn't help but be happier. He's my best friend though." William said again as his eyes turned soft.

"But turn it out, he got close to me again just for him to ask my mom to come to aid his brother," William said.

"I don't mind. I never really hate Ivan like people on my planet." William said as he looked at Ivan's grave.

"But one day, when my mother got caught treating Ivan, Alvin instead of trying to save her, let her get blamed which led to her dead. I can't accept that." William says as he clenches his fist.

"He's a coward because he doesn't want his father to know that he cares about Ivan. That's why my mom got killed. I hate him. I hate him." William tells angrily while gritting his teeth.

"If you hate him, why do you help him to stay?" Fang suddenly asks.

"Don't you act like you know. I just let him stay because I'm not heartless like him." William tells in anger.

"It's true." Thorn interrupt.

"But you can't deny he's still your best friend right?" Thorn adds.

"No matter how much you convince yourself that you hate him, he's still been your best friend before. Something you can't even deny the fact." Thorn tells again.