Chapter 5

"I want you to stay where I can see you. Okay?"

"Okay. Can I go?"

"Go ahead" Leigh-Anne let go of her hand watching her run to the playground. She wanted to get a feel of 'parenting' so she asked Perrie to come a little after them which she agreed to wanting to shower and freshen up.

She sat on the bench watching her try to talk to other children but they all ignored her and moved away. This community was tight knit and Jesy was a stranger trying to push her way in.

"Who's even your mom or dad?" One of the boys asked, blocking the slide.

"That's my mommy" She pointed to Leigh-Anne who was on her phone checking her stocks.

"Prove it"

"Mommy!!" Jesy called trying to get Leigh-Anne's attention.

She looked up.

"What's wrong, come here"

"See, told you she's my mom" she walked down the steps as they refused to let her on the slide.

"Is something wrong?"

"They want me to prove that you're my mommy so I can go down the slide"

"Why can't you go down the slide?"

"They're blocking it"

"Come on." Jesy wore the biggest smile when Leigh-Anne stood up taking her hand.

"Excuse me, she's trying to slide down. I don't know why you're blocking it" Leigh-Anne told the little boy, blocking her eyes from the light with her hand.

"Because we don't even know who she is"

"It doesn't matter. It's not your slide or your park. Move so other people can play"

"No. You didn't even have a kid before and now you have a whole. . . girl."

"Maybe she's adopted just like you"

"You're adopted billy?"

"No. What no! No I'm not" he stood up trying to explain to his friends that he wasn't adopted.

"That's not cool billy"

"She's a liar!"

"Billy, why can I hear you all the way from the kiddie side?" His father walked up to the playground, telling him to come down.

"That lady bullied me"

"You bullied my kid first. Tell dad the whole story."

"Is that true?"

"No"

"Yes it is Billy. You didn't let her slide."

"Come on. That's enough playing for today, if you can't share and play nicely you don't need to play."

"Nooo, I'll be nice, I'll be nice!" The man shook his head holding his hand out for his son. He grumbled kicking the slide before he began to cry because he probably fractured his toe. The man carried him wherever he went.

"Can we all share and be nice?" Leigh-Anne asked and the kids nodded.

"I'm going to be over there, call me if you need me" Leigh-Anne sat back down checking her messages from Perrie. She said she'll be there in half an hour.

The rest of the children played together but as time went by one by one the kids began going home until Jesy was left on the swings by herself. She didn't mind playing alone but she was bored.

"Mommy" She walked up to Leigh-Anne who had her face in her phone, tracking business.

"Hm"

"Mommy" Jesy tapped her again waiting for her to look up.

"What's wrong?"

"Can you play with me, all my friends are gone."

"No. Come sit until mama comes. She'll play with you"

"Please"

"Dont beg. I don't like it."

"Sorry" Jesy sat down beside Leigh-Anne, bored out of her mind.

She tapped Leigh-Anne's thigh before running off.

"What did you do, you little shit?"

"Put a booger" Jesy smiled running off. She decided to climb on the platform because she was laughing so hard, she needed to catch her breath.

"No!"

"Come here"

"No" Jesy squealed when Leigh-Anne grabbed her ankle through the bars.

Leigh-Anne began walking up the steps.

"No, mommys can't come up here. Only for kids" Leigh-Anne stepped down.

"Come here."

"You have to get me"

"No, come here, right now" Leigh-Anne stopped smiling and her tone became stern.

"Am I in trouble?"

Leigh-Anne curled her finger and Jesy frowned walking over to her. She was doing good, she didn't want to ruin her good day.

Leigh-Anne grabbed her, holding her upside down.

"Sorry! Sorry mommy!!" Jesy cackled as Leigh-Anne nearly dangled her upside down.

"Take it off" Jesy wiped her pants off.

"Its gone. It's gone!!"

"Babe?"

"Oh my god!" Perrie gasped rushing over to Jesy when Leigh-Anne dropped her.

"Babe! You could've dropped her on her head."

"I know. Don't make me feel worse. I'm so sorry. Stand up, you're okay, you're okay" Leigh-Anne stood her up and brushed her off. Jesy stared at her blankly.

"Look at her arm, do you think I broke it? Baby help me, I don't want to take her home and then she goes to sleep and doesn't wake up."

"What do you think you should do?"

"I don't know. Despite what you might think, I've never dropped a kid before."

"Why did you have her upside down like that in the first place?"

"We were playing and now she won't speak. Jesus Christ I'm going to hell. She's going to be retar-"

"Stop saying that word. It's offensive"

"Everything is offensive." Leigh-Anne carried Jesy to a bench and sat her down.

"Dont use it, it's a slur" Leigh-Anne rolled her eyes.

"Okay. I heard you. What hurts, bug?"

Jesy touched her right arm that she couldn't feel.

"Mama" she reached for Perrie who picked her up. She had to go to the hospital and Perrie knew it.

"Why do you want her? I did everything right and you still want her. You asked me to play with you. I did. I just dropped you by accident, it's not like I killed you. Damn." Leigh-Anne found that incredibly offensive.

"I'm going home!" She grumbled walking off.

"No you're not. We're going to the hospital to make sure she's okay."

Multiple Updates? This feels more like me.