Chapter 7.5

Later that night the married couple sat in their bed. Leigh-Anne was crushing Oreos in her ice cream while Perrie looked over some of the kids' assignments.

"Babe. She's really bright. There's no way a twelve year old can do highschool work." Perrie said as she ticked every number from Jade's take home quiz.

"Bubba!" Leigh-Anne ignored perrie calling Jesy.

"Leave her babe, she's sleeping"

"No she's not. See" Perrie smiled seeing Jesy peek her head into their bedroom.

"Come here"

"Am I in trouble,mommy?"

"No. Come watch a movie with us" Jesy ran over to their bed and Leigh-Anne picked her up, setting her in between them.

"Did you hear what I said though babe?"

"She's bright. I heard you. What do you want me to do about it?"

"Well, I was wondering if I could get her put in my school. You know it goes from kindergarten to twelfth grade."

"Why are you so worried about this kid?"

"Why are you so cold to her?"

"It's not realistic for me to baby her just because she's twelve. She's out in the real world. There's no one to look after her. I'm not her mother."

"Your parents still baby you Leigh-Anne. You've become the most spoiled, entitled brat. You act like you don't know what it's like not to have and that bothers me."

Jesy sat in Leigh-Anne's lap scooping the ice cream out of her bowl.

"I didn't have the best childhood growing up. My dad took me in because my mom didn't give him a choice. Before that, I was raised in a trap house. You think they cared about me?"

"But babe. Don't you want to change that?"

"Do you want me to take in every kid that comes to my ring?"

"No but she doesn't have anyone Leigh-Anne, you know what that's like. Please just talk to her and if she's interested in school can you make her a birth certificate?"

"No"

"Please baby"

"No. What do you want to watch bubba?"

"Mama wants to watch trolls" Jesy smiled at Perrie.

"Dont be sad mama"

"Do you want an older sister, baby?"

"I don't want more kids. One is enough"

"Yes!"

"Mama is going to get you a sister"

"Yayyy!!" Leigh-Anne glared at her wife. She had a soft spot for her wife and an even bigger soft spot for their child so now she had to invest in this random little girl.

-

"Follow me" Leigh-Anne tapped Jade before walking out of the sleeping bunks.

"Ms. Leigh-Anne I'm really sorry for taking multiple trays. Please don't kick me put. I have nowhere to go and winter time is coming-."

"Shut it" Jade stopped talking and followed Leigh-Anne to her office.

"Sit down"

"My wife tells me that you're a smart girl. Have you ever been to school?"

"No."

"Then how do you know high school math?"

"In my old group home. They had a teacher come a couple times a week. I paid attention and asked for extra work."

"Why aren't you at the group home?"

"I ran away"

"No. I'm not going to jail over you. Let's go."

"Wait Please. Please Leigh-Anne. I'll do anything please dont take me back"

"Do you want to go to school?"

"Yes. Is Ms.Perrie coming more often?"

"No. She wants to put you in school"

"Really?"

"Yes"

"Wow! Thank you. Thank you!! You won't regret it."

"I hope not. I want to see how bright you really are. Go buy yourself some uniform. I'm going to take you once she gets you in"

"Thank you so much Leigh-Anne" Jade hugged the woman who shoved her away. She wasn't trying to get attached.