Chapter 18

“What the hell are you doing home!?”

“Please don't shoot” Jade flinched seeing Leigh-Anne with a gun. Something in her heart told her that she wouldn't hesitate.

“Why are you home? Answer me”

“Mom, please put the gun down.” Wasn't that such an ironic statement?

“I'm going to give you one last chance before I go and get Mama.”

“Okay. Okay.  I forgot something”

“Cut the shit. I'm not in the mood, Jade”

“Okay fine. I asked Mama if I could go to school alone she said yes but I didn't go all the way because I was scared.”

“Of what?”

“This group of girls. They're bullying me Mommy and I'm scared. They tell me they're going to kill me-”

“What the fuck?- Get under the bed.”

“Why?”

“Just do it” Leigh-Anne hissed, seconds later Perrie was standing in the doorway.

“What's going on?”

“I think I'm. . . I think I'm hearing things again” Perrie sighed.

“What did you do recently that you're having these hallucinations again?”

“I didn't-”

“And don't lie to me.” Jade listened carefully.

“I didn't do anything.”

“Look me in my eyes and tell me you haven't done anything.” Leigh-Anne looked at Perrie but was unable to hold eye contact.

“You know what? I'm telling your mom.” Leigh-Anne followed Perrie out of Jade's room. Jade took this as the opportunity to leave. She grabbed what she was looking for and snuck out the house leaving the door unlocked since she didn't have a key yet.

“. . .Stop treating me like a child!”

“You're acting like one Leigh-Anne. I know you did something, you've got a grown man following around. Everywhere you go. You told me you were done and you lied. I don't want my girls involved in this shit Leigh-Anne.  So if I have to report back to your parents to make sure you stop doing what you're doing then that's what I'm going to do.”

“Please don't. I won't do it anymore.”

“You're not being honest, Leigh-Anne.”

“Please. Okay. Please don't tell her Perrie.”

“I won't.”

“Thank you” Leigh-Anne sighed in relief.

“you will.” Perrie smiled watching all the color drain from her face.

“you need help babe. This is not normal, my love. I can't sleep at night, I don't feel safe traveling with the kids and I don't like leaving you alone because I'm afraid I won't see you again.”

“I'm sorry”

“Babe no. I'm not settling for any more apologies. We're going because your mother is the only person that can talk some sense into you. You're a mother now Leigh-Anne. Doesn't it scare you knowing that people can target your children trying to get back at you?

“Not really”

“What?”

“There's an unwritten rule. We don't involve children. Ever. You can ask my dad. No child's ever been hurt-” She smiled trying to make herself feel better about what she did.