Chapter 14

"Grandma, can we please take this off now? We won't argue anymore" Jade whined tired of having to share an oversized t-shirt with Jesy. Jesy liked bonding with Jade so she didn't mind.

Amina pulled the shirt over their heads before folding it up and sitting it on the coffee table.

"If I hear any more bickering, the shirt is going back on, yes?"

"Yes grandma" Jade sighed leaving the common space to find her grandfather.

"Papa?" She knocked on the door to the master bedroom.

"Yes"

"Can you teach me how to shoot now?"

"Yeah, give me a minute. Meet me in the basement."

"Okay" Jade smiled, running downstairs. Meanwhile, Jesy was cuddled into Amina. She was feeling clingy but everyone was gone. Mommy and mama are in Jamaica, Jade is with papa and so she settled with Amina.

"Are you hungry?" Amina asked when Jesy's stomach grumbled.

"No"

"Are you sure? I heard you tummy grumble." Jesy shook her head with tears brimming in her eyes.

"What's wrong baby?"

"I want my mommy" She began to cry hugging Amina.

"You miss her don't you?" Jesy nodded with her head pressed to her side.

"Mommy will be home next week"

"Nooooo!!!!"

"Yes. Mama deserves a break, right?" Amina felt bad for Perrie. She was glad that she accepted her daughter for her brattish ways. But she was nearly a mother of three at this point. To be fair, Jade wasn't that bad. It was more so Leigh-Anne and Jesy.

"No." Jesy pouted, making Amina smile. She was just like Leigh-Anne.

"S'not funny bibi!"

"I'm sorry. Do you want to watch a movie? Mommy said two phone calls a day and we already called for the morning."

"I guess" She browsed through the movies with Amina while Jamie snuck downstairs. He and Jade bonded quickly over Jade's intelligence and natural skill.

"Make sure it's a snug fit" he adjusted Jade's position to correct her form so that she wouldn't hurt herself.

"You want to hold the butt of the gun to your shoulder and brace for the recoil. Once you feel comfortable, shoot." Jade held the rifle with her finger on the trigger. She adjusted her stance once again but couldn't bring herself to shoot.

"Go ahead" Jamie coached gently standing behind her.

"I can't"

"Yes you can. Go ahead. You're not hurting anyone. Just a paper"

"I can't"

"Try"

Jade lightly squeezed on the trigger and nothing happened.

"Harder, come on." Jade took a deep breath and imagined the bad guy that she saw in her dreams and she pulled the trigger. The kickback knocking her back into Jamie.

"You alright?" She nodded, handing him the gun.

"I don't like it"

"That's okay, maybe you're a knife kind of gal" She smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, papa"

"You're welcome, anytime you want alone time or to release some anger come here, let me know, alright?"