Chapter 9

Leigh-Anne volunteered to drive around and search for Jesy.

Leigh-Anne wasn't even mad. She was just worried. She tapped the wheel anxiously when she approached a red light. She tried to think of all of Jesys favorite places. She drove around for ten more minutes before it hit her.

She prayed that Jesy was where she thought she would be. She walked through the gates of the playground and went over to the slide.

"Jesy"

"Mommy?" Jesy stood up looking for Leigh-Anne.

"Mommy" She began to cry, reaching for her when she saw her.

"Come down the slide, don't forget your plushie" Jesy grabbed her Red Panda and slid down. She couldn't really read Leigh-Anne's facial expression so she assumed she was mad at her. 

"Come baby, I'm not upset."

"Promise?"

"I promise" Jesy walked over, raising her arms. She was freezing and just wanted to go home. Leigh-Anne bent down hugging Jesy tight. She never wanted to feel what she was feeling again. She kissed her forehead and picked her up.

Jesy sniffled, sneezing right after. It only made sense that she was under the weather. She was out in the cold in nothing but her pajamas. 

Leigh-Anne sat Jesy in the car before sitting in the passenger seat so she could see her. She turned on the heat trying to warm her up. The two sat in silence. Leigh-Anne was taking in Jesy's presence thanking God that she was okay while Jesy fiddled with her plush toy. She knew it was only a matter of time before Leigh-Anne told her off. She didn't want to think about it.

"I'm sorry mommy"

"It's okay. Are you warm? Are you ready to go home?"

"I don't wanna go home" Leigh-Anne nodded, sitting back, resting her head against the headrest. She closed her eyes trying to relieve her intense headache. She looked down when her phone began ringing.

"Yes baby"

"I don't know. I don't know. She's not with Bree and Claude and that's the only place I could think of that she would go. Do you think she knows how to get to your parents house? She's never been on the bus alone. Leigh-Anne say something"

"I have-"

"Maybe she's at your base. She's been there since she was little. Maybe she went back there. Do you think she knows how to get there? I'm so fucking stressed out. Should I call the police? I know you don't like them but I'm worried and I don't want to wait too long. She's only five!"

"Babe-"

"I don't know. I don't know. Let me call you back, I'm going to call-"

"I have her. Babe! I have her. She's here with me" Leigh-Anne tilted her phone so that Perrie could see Jesy.

"You are in so much trouble. So much trouble! Do you hear me, little girl?"

"Yes mama" Jesy's face crumbled as she began to cry again. She didn't expect Perrie to be upset with her. When she saw that Leigh-Anne wasn't upset she thought she was off the hook.

"I'll see you in a bit. I love you, drive safe." Before Leigh-Anne could say it back Perrie hung up.

"Don't cry baby. It's okay." Leigh-Anne rubbed Jesy's leg trying to comfort her.

"Mama wants us home" Leigh-Anne climbed over the center console, putting on her seatbelt.

-

"I'm scared, please mommy. I'm scared!" Jesy pulled on Leigh-Anne's hand, putting her weight down not wanting to go in the house.

"Nothing will happen to you" Jesy trusted Leigh-Anne so she followed her inside. She ran past Perrie when she saw her sitting at the kitchen island.

"Bring your behind here!" Jesy ran up the steps stopping when she heard Leigh-Anne. She watched her parents through the hand rail.

"Babe, she's had a long night. Can we handle this tomorrow?"

"First thing tomorrow and I don't want you making any excuses for her, Leigh-Anne. This is unacceptable."

"I know"

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly, I don't know" Leigh-Anne walked away.

"Jesy, come" Jesy followed Leigh-Anne up to her room. She pulled the blankets back patting the bed for her to get into.

"Can you stay with me please mommy?" Leigh-Anne got in the bed with jesy pulling the blankets over them.

"I love you Jesy and I'm sorry that I made you feel like you had to run away. No one is more important than you and mama. I love you two more than anything in this world and it would kill me if anything were to ever happen to either one of you. Please promise me that you won't ever do something like that again."

"I promise. I won't do it again. I'm sorry Mommy, please don't hate me"

"I don't hate you.  I could never hate you"

" I did something bad and made you upset"

"As long as you promise me you won't do it again. It's okay."

"I promise"

"Okay. Try to get sleep. Mama wants to talk to us tomorrow."

"Is mama going to spank me?"

"I don't know what mama's going to do" Leigh-Anne said Honestly as she closed her eyes.  Jesy hugged her red panda, cuddling into Leigh-Anne. She wrapped her arm around her daughter.

[What do you think? What happens next?]