Chapter 16

"Next, who are you here for?"

"Jade, grade nine"

"Can I see your ID please?"

"Put your hand in Mommy's pocket" Jesy let go of Leigh-Anne's hand and stuck her hand in her pocket.

"You're not authorized to pick her up." Leigh-Anne wasn't on the list to pick Jade up because she never did. But, since she and Perrie had that talk she was trying to be more involved, that meant picking her up from school.

"She's my kid"

"Last name doesn't match and you're not on the list, what is your relation?"

"I'm her mother."

"I can't let you go to her. Mother is listed as-"

"Perrie Edwards, that's my Wife. Does this happen to straight couples as well?"

"No ma'am, I can assure you that I wasn't mistreating you because of your-"

"Stop making a scene. This is my workplace. Jade, Mommy's here" Perrie turned to her class. Although they were in highschool they were to be dismissed to a parent since there was a spike in crimes on the school campus from kidnappings to shootings.

"Mommy!" Jade ran up to Leigh-Anne hugging her. She had a pretty long day and she was happy to see Leigh-Anne since she usually went home with Perrie.

"Jesy's crying" Jade told Leigh-Anne but she was busy talking to Perrie.

"What's wrong?" She asked Jesy who crossed her arms with an agitated whine.

"What's wrong?"

"I want ring pop!"

"No one has ring pops. Mama said no candy before dinner anyways"

"No she didn't!"

"Yes she did"

"Shut up Jade!"

"Hey, what did I tell you about talking to your sissy like that?"

"But mama her lied."

"Don't speak to her like that, do you understand me?" Jesy began to cry, pulling on Leigh-Anne's pocket trying to get her ring pop out. Leigh-Anne mistook it as her wanting to be picked up. She set her on her hip.

"Okay, I love you, see you when you get home" Leigh-Anne tried to kiss Perrie and she was curved.

"I love you too baby but I'm at work."

"So"

"No PDA. I love you bubbas"

"No PDA. I'm aT wOrK!" Leigh-Anne mocked.

"Hope work keeps you warm tonight. Won't be me" Perrie shook her head waving at her kids.

"Bye mama" Jade waved while Jesy continued to thrash around in Leigh-Anne's arms.

"Come, let's go home and make dinner for mama."

Leigh-Anne buckled Jesy into the car seat and let Jade sit in the front. Which Perrie usually didn't allow.

"Put your seatbelt on"

"Sorry"

"It's alright how was your day?" Jade tried to answer but covered her ears when Jesy began screaming.

"Hey, cut it out" Leigh-Anne turned around at the red light.

"What's the problem?" Jesy ignored Leigh-Anne crying and kicking Jade's seat. 

"Stop Jesy!"

"Jesy, stop it!!"

"Jesy"

"What?" She sniffled, wiping her running nose with the back of her hand.