Chapter 13

"Do you think that I could work with Leigh-Anne? I wouldn't be doing anything illegal. Maybe just helping her monitor stats and her numbers." Jade asked Perrie, walking hand in hand with her.

"I don't know Jade. I don't think that's the best idea."

"Please. I won't do anything bad"

"You say that but. . . I don't know.  Why don't you get back on track in school first and we'll go from there.  How's that sound?"

"Hmm, that's fair I guess."

While Perrie and Jade were seated Leigh-Anne was struggling with Jesy.

"Please, bub"

"I said no"

"Why are you being so rude?"

"Why are you being so stupid"

"You know what. Stay here" Jesy got herself together quickly. When Leigh-Anne closed the car door.

"Mommy"

"Mommy!! You can't leave me in here!!" Jesy began to cry banging on the window.

"Help!!"

"If someone breaks my windows, you're going to be in big trouble, do you understand me?"

"Please don't leave me, mommy. I'm sorry. I'm scared."

"Should've thought about that when you were being disrespectful. Maybe mama will come help you. Just maybe." Leigh-Anne walked away while Jesy sat down waiting for Perrie. She didn't want to draw attention to herself because if she did someone would break Leigh-Anne's windows. And if someone broke her windows she would be dead meat.She was starting to get quite hot. She grabbed the drink sitting in the cup holder in between the driver and passenger seat. She took a sip and quickly spat it out.

"Oh no" She began trying to clean the purple liquid off her mother's cream colored seats. But because of the contents it was staining and now it was more obvious.

"Oh my god. Jesy" Perrie quickly unlocked the car door, taking her daughter out of the car.

"Are you okay?" Jesy began to cry, wrapping her arms around Perrie's neck.

"What's wrong? Why does your breath smell like that" Perrie held her chin trying to smell her breath.

"What did you eat, or drink?" Jesy pointed to the white styrofoam cup. Perrie put Jesy down before unlocking the door and reaching into the car to pick up the cup. She knew exactly what it was once she saw it.

"It's nasty, isn't it?" Jesy nodded.

"Mama will get you something to wash your mouth out. Your mother is a fucking idiot." Perrie took Jesy's hand walking her into the restaurant.

"Go sit" Perrie pointed to the seat beside Jade. She wanted to sit next to Leigh-Anne so she could give her a piece of her mind.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Jade looked at Perrie, shocked by the language that she was using.

"It's okay mama. I was being bad" Jesy spoke up with her eyes glued to the table. She didn't want to get in any more trouble.

"There you have it." Leigh-Anne sipped her wine before putting the glass down.

"Why would you leave her locked in a car-"

"Hi, Welcome to the Cheesecake Factory, can I start you off with some drinks or appetizers?"

"No, we're still looking." Perrie flashed a fake smile before turning back to her wife with a straight face.

"Actually i'll have. . . the Tex Mex-"

"Don't play with me, Leigh-Anne"

"We're still looking" Leigh-Anne smiled at the woman waiting for her to walk away before turning back to Perrie.

"You're starting to piss me off."

"What could I have possibly done now?"

"I don't know? Lock our kid in the car. Have illegal substances in her reach. What's wrong with you?"

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Jade nervously raised her hand to ask to use the bathroom when both women ignored her.

"Excuse me." She whispered, getting the waitress' attention instead of Lerrie's

"How can I help you sweetheart?"

"Where is your bathroom?"

"Down here, first door on the left"

"Thank you"

"Can I come, Jade?" Jesy asked, not used to seeing her parents argue. Jade nodded waiting for Jesy to catch up before going to the bathroom.

"You think this is so funny right?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Okay. I'll ask Amina. I bet she'll know what I'm talking about."

"No, no. Come on. I'm a grown ass woman."

"You're not acting like it. Actually I think I need to have a talk with Momma."

"Stop. I'm not a child. Stop treating me like one."

"Perrie"

"Perrie." Perrie was just going to ignore her. She wanted to play stupid and she got something for her.

"Baby" Leigh-Anne wrapped her arm around Perrie's waist and frowned when she moved it.

Once the girls came back Perrie ordered for them and herself while Leigh-Anne had to order for herself.

Dinner for the family of four was quiet and awkward.

-

"Was it an accident?"

"No. She left me in the car on purpose, bibi. It was so hot I almost died!"

"You little shit"

"You better watch your mouth." Jamie scolded from in the kitchen.

"I didn't even do anything." Leigh-Anne whined.

"Well you're leaving your child in a car. That's a federal crime. Not to mention the fact that she could've been seriously injured, Leigh-Anne. I love you but sometimes you make me wonder if you're really ready to be a parent."

"Goodnight. I'm going home. I'm not dealing with this shit right now."

"Excuse me?" Leigh-Anne ignored her parents and went to go sit in her car.

"This girl" Amina sighed.

"I got it babe" Jamie followed Leigh-Anne to her car and got in the passenger seat.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing."

"I'm not going to ask you again."

"I'm fine. Stop trying to force me to talk about everything. I left her in the car. You used to leave me in a car all the time and I'm fine."

"Anytime I left you in a car the ac was on and you had my phone. You left her in a car with nothing. If she would've been in there longer she would probably be dead. I've never been this careless with you. You do realize that she's a living breathing being right?"

"I know. She's been being bad, she needs to be punished, that's how I was punished."

"No, that's not how you were punished. I made you run, or do wall sits as punishment. That's child abuse Leigh-Anne. You can get in serious trouble for that. If you're not ready for children right now you need to have that talk with Perrie. I don't want to have to keep having these talks with you, Leigh."

"I want her. I love her"

"I understand that, but maybe you're just not ready and that's okay."

"Do you genuinely feel like you can take care of Jesy alone?"

"Maybe not alone but I can do my fifty percent. I won't leave her in a car again." Jamie shook his head. He didn't know if his daughter was ready to have a child. Let alone children but he didn't want to tell her that.