Chapter 6

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" The room fell silent once the head woman walked in.

"If you want anything to eat get in a line and stop acting like fucking savages." She ordered and Just like that, a single file line wrapped around the entire room.

"Get these two out" She pointed to two men who began to fight over their spots. While her men handled that someone began pushing past people. She somehow ended up in the front of the line.

"Thank you" she took the brown bag and found a dark corner to eat in. She scarfed her food down before getting back on line.

"Once you get your food. Eat it here. Do not leave this room. If I find a rat or roach down here I'm kicking all of you out. Do I make myself clear?" Leigh-Anne smiled when she saw everyone nod. She loved being in charge.

"Great. Enjoy! I'll be assigning you all rooms before the week is out." She decided to feed her workers and their plus ones. It started as a way to keep count of how many people are here but it turned into her being a good. . .good person. *Gag*

She sat at her desk answering her phone.

"Who's this?"

"Your wife. Don't greet me like that." Leigh-Anne cleared her throat and put her feet down off the desk.

"Oh, hi baby. Sorry about that. Why didn't you call my cell?"

"I have it. You left it in the car, this morning"

"Oh, okay. Well, I don't really need it. How did the interview go?"

"I got the job!"

"That's amazing baby. I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks babe. Your mom invited us over tonight. I thought that would be a good time to tell her"

"Yes! Can't wait to show you off. But. . ."

"You don't want to tell her?"

"No, it's fine. Do you want me to come pick you up?"

"No. I'm on my way. I start next week so I'll see you in a bit?"

"Yeah, I love you. Be safe"

"Love you too."

Leigh-Anne hung up looking at the picture of her and Perrie on her desk, it was from their wedding day. She was proud of her wife, no doubt about it but she knew telling her mother meant having to hear about how good Perrie is doing in life and how it's not too late to go back. She hated school but she hated being compared to people with 'real jobs' even more.

She stood up needing to take a breather before Perrie got here.

"Shit!" She jumped when someone stood up from the corner near her office.

"What did I say?"

The little girl looked up at Leigh-Anne with fear in her eyes.

"What did I say?"

"Pick it up!" She picked up the three brown bags and sandwich wrappers.

"No one likes greedy people." She grabbed the girl's upper arm dragging her to the cafeteria.

"Has everyone eaten?" She shook her head, fearfully.

"Speak!"

"No ma'am"

"No. They haven't and you've had three meals already. Who's kid is this?" Everyone's head turned to Leigh-Anne but no one said anything.

"Since you want to be inconsiderate and only think about yourself you can go ahead and clean the kitchen. Once everyone finishes, you have two hours to get it clean, do you understand?" She nodded once again, making Leigh-Anne grab her chin harshly.