07 Suspicious Nam

Days passed and no sight of Jungkook, not even messages, to the point that Jimin started to seriously worry about him. They have just gone through finals at uni, he assumed JK was focusing on it and isolated himself to study, even though they usually texted all the time before a test or to mock each other about their grades.

He opened the messages on his screen, most of them unread and the last few, not even delivered. Those were from a week ago untill this morning, anyone would think something happened to Jungkook's cellphone, or even to the person himself. He felt disappointed for not knowing Jungkook's classes or classmates, maybe he really was acting like a bad friend, after all. Who knows if Jungkook was fed up with him and blocked his number?

He'd rather not dwell on that.

The cafe was unbearable tedious and lonely, yet he couldn't leave or else his mother, the owner, would be on his throat for the rest of the month. He could only tap his finger on the counter and mess up orders, for his head was filled with worries about a certain noisy bunny.

The clock had the longest hours of his whole life that day, but the moment it striked closing time, he ran to lock the door and take away his apron.
Checking one last time the messages, without any change, he noticed his fingerprints sore and felt stupid. "If I'm going to act like this, I might as well go there and talk face to face".

And he did, Jimin left the cafe angry and determined to settle things up, but the closer he got to Jungkook's apartment more his feelings changed. From anger of being ignored to the fear of finding a cold and distant Jungkook and be sent away as an unwanted guest.

He stopped by his friend's door looking at his own small hands filled with rings, trying to put himself together and ring the doorbell.

As soon as the door open, the big boy appears.

- Jimishi! - Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise, followed by a sincere smile. That's when Jimin felt that, no matter what happened, everything would be alright and he did the right thing going there.

A mix of happiness, anger and relief filled Jimin's chest, how much he missed that shinny dark hair and cute smile with two bunny teeth right in front, even the piercing on the corner of Jungkook's mouth made his heart skip a beat for the first time.

- You brat! - He was so angry and yet, couldn't stop smiling. - where have you been!

- Sorry, Jimishi. - Jungkook put his hands together above his head and gave a small bow, he was well aware of his own guilty.
Jimin took the opportunity to mess his hair with both hands and give him a speech.

As they went in, Jungkook explained how desperate he was with the finals and studied day and night for it, to the point that when it was over, he fell sick. Jimin eyes turned from anger to worry, but Jungkook assured that he had taken the meds and rested properly, so would be good soon.

There was no doubt that the guy's story was real, his room was a complete mess of books and revision papers, clothes and gym equipment scattered on the ground, they barely could enter it.

Both were in their final years at college, dealing with graduating projects, job hunting and stress above it all. It was normal to take sometime for themselves, specially Jungkook who was more of an introvert, but when isolation took too long they had to look for each other. And Jimin was always there to take him out of his shell and bring back to the real world.

He watched Jungkook open space in the room, the youngest had tank tops so his arms and tattoos were completely visible. Jimin couldn't help but to think how he grew so big on the last few months, his shoulders became large and his chest puff, much manlier than the freshman he met long ago.