Chapter 2: Little minuses are very sassy

Yuuki was definetly not ready to be an mother. Alas, given the circumstances, she thinks she had handled the situation pretty well.

She first thought to aquire one of those parenting books. But she bad given up after realizing that her situation might've not been meet before.

She had undergone a divorce. Turns out her so called husband, or ex-husband, wasn't meant to be a great father.

The man had the backbone of a stick. He was too focused on work and social events as well.

The divorce...Hasn't really affected Kumagawa in any way.

It wasn't an surprise, in the original work it was pretty clear that Kumagawa didn't really give a shit about his parents. While she was different from the unnamed side character tht took the role of his mother, the man she divorced wasn't.

She doesn't even get how her past self, before the awakening of her previous life, had fallen for such a man. If that was the case, she can't really blame Kumagawa for growing up the way he is.

Speaking of which, he was already four years of age. He had grown to the boy she had seen in the flashback of the manga. Coupled with that creepy doll.

On that note, it was a surprise tht Kumagawa actually managed to convince his original parents he was an normal kid

On that note, it was a surprise tht Kumagawa actually managed to convince his original parents he was an normal kid. Just goes to show his acting skills, she supposed.

They were also pretty wealthy. The lose of an parent would usually mean the lose of income, but that's what online investitions are for.

To be fair, she does make them after her son's advice. Hey, he's costructed to be Medaka's equal. And at this age that girl finishes scientific projects and musical pieces that adults worked all their life for, so his advice is greatly appreciated.

About her personal life...Well, nothing changed that much from her previous life.

On that note, she plans to ask her son to get one of those special uniforms Unzen Myouga wears when he enrolls in Hakoniwa. Understatably, that truck left quiet a trauma on her.

Although that taught her that if she was given another shoot at life, she was gonna enjoy it. Maybe she'll actually get an boyfriend for once!

Yuuki:Hmm...

About that choice. Well, most of the cast is kind of underaged for her, but...From what she knows Iihiko is free, right?

Alright, so she may have a thing for muscular guys. And despise his demonic looks, Iihiko is still rather handsome. It was also proven in the Epilogue he's actually pretty chill when you're not fighting him.

She doesn't really care about the age gap. She means, people do ship Kumagawa with Najimi and that age gap is waaaaaay larger.

Kumagawa:[Mom! Are the cookies for me nad Kuro-chan ready?]

Yuuki:Right here!

She took an plate of freshly baked cookies at a small play table in the living room for her son and Kuro-chan, the overly sewed toy he carries all around. As she mentioned, even at this age her son is an great actor. As such, she can't tell if he really does have the childish innocence in which he thinks the toy is an actual person or he just scams her into giving him more cookies.

Yuuki:Okay, don't forget tomorrow we have an apointment to the hospital.

Kumagawa:[Can I take Kuro-chan for emotional support?]

Yuuki:I don't think you'll be the one needing emotional support...

Kumagawa:[Eh?]

Yuuki:Sure, but I'm not paying for double snacks there.

As the next day came the two, technically three if you count the door, had driven to the hospital. So the day has finally came...

Yuuki was in the waiting room, watching two protagonist of tge series bonding over an puzzle. Truly, a heatwarming scene. Something she knows that isn't happening behind that door.

Psychosurgeon is not an very well known job. Through many of their tasks, discerning and helping abnormals is one of them.

There were many doctirs in the Hakoniwa General Hospital. However, only one could be called the best. As it happens, this doctor was also an psychosurgeon.

An petite woman that looked more like a grade schooler, with her blonde hair styled in an spiky pomytail and her blue eyes. Her name was Hitoyoshi Hitomi.

Through her experience Hitomi had meet many pelicular and eccentric children

Through her experience Hitomi had meet many pelicular and eccentric children. Yet, none was like the one before her very eyes.

Coming here with an ultimatum for her. An hard disk with informations about thousands of unregistered abnormals laid in his very hands.

She may choose to take it an register him as an normal. Or she may choose to register him as an abnormal, clearly an minus, and he'd become "friends" with her son. It didn't take an genius to know what she actually meant.

And declaring all this with an serene expression on his face....For an moment, she wondered if tge boy in front of her was really a child.

Hitomi:...Fine. I'll accept your offer, Kumagawa-kun.

Kumagawa:[I'm happy we could come to an agreement! Having an calm and amiable conversation was what human beings do, after all.]

Not completly a lie this time. Although an child, Kumagawa was very aware of his suroundings. He knows very well that he's undeniably an monster.

Yet, he didn't care for it. Nor for the fact he was not normal. No, if he was to name an motive for his recent actions that would be...His mother.

No matter what, she was alwais beside him. He didn't want her to look at him differently.

He didn't really get some sort of relationships that well. For example, his father. He has no idea why his mother married such an boring guy.

On that note, he does have some sort of interes aboyt the woman in front of him. Despise giving her such an golden oportunity, she hasn't relented until the threat of her son. Truly someone extraordinary...Perhaps for how close he was to his mother, Kumagawa had gained an romantic inclination towards older women?

Kumagawa:[Hey, Hitomi-sensei?]

Hitomi:Yes?

Kumagawa:[I have to ask...You're an single mother, yes? Your husband ran like a coward?]

Hitomi:Uh, well, yeah.

Kumagawa:[I see. You know, I'm many bad things, but I'm no coward. So I was wondering... Would you be interesed in an date?]

Hitomi:...Kumagawa-kun, please leave my office.

Kumagawa:[Would you look at that, Kuro-chan? My first love an rejection happened at the same time.]