Chapter 29:Twist, twist, twist both good and evil

Saki stared at Kushi after tge younger girl answered her question with a cutesy act. It seemed she'd thought the same thing she had.

Although it was way too carefree of a reaction if she really had thought the same thing. It didn't even seem like she was going to pause eating her meal.

Since she was a member of a sports club, she ate quite heartily, wait, no, Kushi was just a manager.For now she was just a manager, though.

Kushi:Ah, I see, Sukinasaki-senpai. Right now, you're working with Kumagawa Misogi, aren't you? That's why you know about Anshin'in-san.

Saki:Yeah...Something like that.

Kushi:Then, Sukinasaki-senpai, do you know that I'll probably have to face off against Kumagawa Misogi today?

Saki:Yeah...Or rather, I came to see you in order to make an appointment for that."

Kushi:Eh?

Kushi didn't hide her surprise. It was now that she stopped eating.

Kushi:Tch...Kumagawa, you bastard, you're using Sukinasaki-senpai as your errand girl, is that it?

Saki:Bastard?

Kushi:Ah, no, um...Kumagawa Misogi.

It was too late to change her words. And even if she did, it was without honorifics.

Saki made a mistake here as she worded it like Kumagawa told her to come make an appointment. It wasn't like that, rather, Kumagawa even thought they shouldn't make an appointment.

But even if she tried to correct herself now, Kushi wouldn't accept it. Despise her cheerful demeanor, she was surprisingly stubborn in her misconceptions.

Saki:Um, so, Kushi-chan. I haven't exactly heard the full details from Kumagawa-kun, and I don't really know anything about Anshin'in-san, either, but...

Kushi:Eh? You don't know? Then let me tell you!

Saki:Well, then, you can tell me all about it some other time. Later, okay? The most pressing matter right now is the fact that you and Kumagawa-kun need to face off against each other...

Kyshi:That's right, and I definitely won't lose!

Saki:Um, no, it's not a matter of winning or losing. Please run away right now.

Kushi:...

Saki:Did you not hear me? Kushi-chan. You need to run away right now. Run away, without going to any of your afternoon classes. No, it might even be better to leave this school altogether. It was over the moment Kumagawa-kun set his sights on you, so it might be better if you fled to the other side of the Earth, or no, if possible, fled to Mars.

Kushi:Mars...Um, that's impossible, though.

For a moment, Kushi looked more frightened than bewildered at Saki's threatening attitude. But she soon spoke, raising her voice as if she'd gotten angry.

Kushi:Wha...What are you saying, Sukinasaki-senpai? Are you saying that I'm going to lose to Kumagawa Misogi?

Saki:No, no, like I said, it's not a matter of winning or losing, Kushi-chan. If you two fight, then you'll obviously end up being the winner, and that's definitely a given, close to a 100 percent chance of winning, but regardless of whether you win or lose, once you get involved with Kumagawa-kun, I'm warning you that you're absolutely going to be in for a rough time. They say a meeting by chance is preordained, but in Kumagawa-kun's case that chance meeting will cause you major harm. Once you get involved, it's over.

Kushi:Then, then are you saying it's all over for you, Sukinasaki-senpai?

Saki:That's right. It's all over fir me.