Chapter 26: Morning headeaches are the worst

As another day came Suisou's General Affairs Manager, Sukinasaki Saki, was walking the halls to the Student Council Office. As she did so, she began summarising the events of the last few days in her mind.

It was just the other day that a mysterious transfer student named Kumagawa Misogi appeared in her class. In an instant, without any time to spare, in the very same day, he completely took control over Suisou Academy.

He eliminated the Student Council President, Jakago Aki, that had had the academy under her control up until then, and succeeded the position himself. Of course, he didn't take this position because of his own desires, but rather because Saki herself encouraged him to.

So she did have some responsability fir the current situation. For that very reason she was pushed to become the General Affairs Manager and work under him.

And so she began working in this Student Council formed of only two members. This was merely three days ago.

Then Kumagawa ansked about the Marksmanship Club's ace, Teppou Uchi. And that very question started this tale.

It seemed that this was a game that a person named Anshin'in-san had challenged him to. And if he failed to win this game, Kumagawa-kun would be expelled from Suisou Academy.

Although she wanted to say there was no event in Suisou's history more desirable, she couldn't. The truth is it would still be troublesome if he decided to step down as the Student Council President so soon.

And so she ended up accompanying Kumagawa in this quest. Or rather, she was forced to.

Whether it was a game or a farce, it seemed like an impossible task in itself to make Kumagawa-kun win, like trying to get a monkey to evolve into a human in a single generation. But people had times when they had no choice but to fight, even when they knew they would lose.

Well, they weren't guaranteed to win even if they fought. But the game began anyway.

First was the tutorial, Uchi's Russian Roulette. A game of Russian Roulette tinged with the scent of blood and gunpowder.

And they didn't just use blanks, but actual, live ammunition. And by providing an answer to the absurd problem that Uchi put forth, Kumagawa obtained a ticket to begin the real game.

The first stage of that game. The quest: "Find the 'Hero's Sword'!"

It was a quest that involved looking for the Hero's Sword that had been hidden somewhere in Suisou Academy. And again, Kumagawa managed to clear the second quest through a shortcut-like trick, a loophole-like method.

Incidentally, the Hero's Sword was hidden at the bottom Suisou's pool and overseen by Utsubogi Mei. Although Mei had survived the encounter, the psychological scars she suffered from it were so deep that she had to be hospitalized.

You could say it was fortunate that she managed to escape death. It actually seemed weirder for Uchi to be able to attend school normally, after having her brains blown in during Russian Roulette.

Saki came early today to complete her dutties. But as she opened the Student Council Office's door she realized Kumagawa came even earlier.

She had found him lying on the sofa of the Student Council office. At first, she even wondered if he had died.

She almost shouted in glee at the idea. Unfourtunately, he still keept on living and breathing.

Kumagawa:[Mm...]

He looked at her languidly. Even if it hadn't been her, and it had been some neighborhood dog that had entered the Student Council office, he surely would've had the same reaction.