Chapter 33:The last act of the Demon Lord

By Najimi's face, Kumagawa concluded he must have really impressed her this time. Whenever that was in a good or bad way was still up for debate, but he'll take what he can.

Najimi:Erm...This is a problem. What can I even say to this? For now, allow me to offer my condolences. It's amazing. You really haven't betrayed my expectations in how much of a betrayer you are. Or, well, because you're a betrayer, perhaps it's more correct to say that you have betrayed my expectations in how much of a betrayer you are...In any case, you really managed to turn this Anshin'in-san pale with shock.

In fact, her skin really became paler as she was doing this awkard speech on the fly. He can even see a bit of sweat forming on her face.

Najimi:To think that, even though this game may as well have been a rigged match, you would end up dropping out in just the second stage...What am I supposed to do with the third and last stages, that I put together with all my heart You've managed to lose in a way far below my expectations. I can't even say that you hit rock bottom, because it's like there's no bottom for you to hit. You really can be called a good loser, huh. By the way, the term good loser is technically supposed to refer to someone who's a good sport about losing, but I'm choosing to interpret it as someone who makes a spectacle out of losing. Although, regardless of the meaning, it seems like you don't have any hesitation when you lose. It's like you're partaking in a lavish banquet of loss, or perhaps the mess left behind after the party. Ah, but even if I make such a play on words, it's pointless in front of you.

Kumagawa:Well, I guess that's pretty accurate.

Najimi:I'd definitely taken into account that extreme defeatism of yours when coming up with this game, but it's almost as if you casually saw through my predictions. And you ended up dropping out, as if you were just making fun of me.

Kumagawa:I assure you this wasn't actually planned.

Najimi:No, no, I understand very well that you had no intention of doing so. However, dropping out despite having no intention to do so is really what makes you as frightening as a Demon Lord. Although, if you really were a Demon Lord, you wouldn't have dropped out at only Stage 2...If we were to put such a half-assed development in terms of the shonen manga that you love, then it would totally be as if this manga had just been canceled. Well...It's still very much like you, even including that, though.

Well, that came to a surprise to him as well. He still wasn't completly sure what Saki even intended to do.

Najimi:Anyway. Kumagawa-kun, I'm not at all the type of person to just abandon you and throw everything out the window. At the very least, I'll give you some sort of explanation. You'll probably be enthralled at my omniscient, omnipotent sweetness. The look on your face is saying that this is a favor you don't particularly want, but, well, you could say giving out unnecessary favors is a hobby of mine, so play along for a bit, won't you?

He alwais feels like he can be more genuine around him. That includes his facial expression, as few as they may be.

She was the only one to achieve that with him. Well, except for his mother.

Najimi:Naturally, since you've lost at this game, you'll be expelled from Suisou Academy...But I suppose I should explain why. Most people end up dying without really knowing the reason why they're dying, so you really are a lucky guy to be able to hear the reason directly from me. Although if I say it like that, you'll just get mad at me. You certainly are more lacking than you are lucky. Ahaha, that's just another play on words. Although, while we're on that subject, I'd say that your guiding principles of, "People are born without meaning, live without relations, and die without worth", is nothing more than a play on words, too...Well, I've already debated you to the end on that matter, so we don't need to go over it again. Let's review the second stage.