Chapter 18:There are certain ways kouhais wake up senpais

He is here once again. In this place that isn't really a place, yet still important to him, facing the girl he fell in love with so long ago with a blank stare.

Now he's not a mind reader and Najimi is alwais very hard to read to begin with. But going by the fact that she's tapping her finger over the flesh of her arms with her arms closed, he'd deduce she's not very happy with him.

Najimi:Are you an idiot?

Kumagawa:Here we go again.

Najimi:Don't just go and die on your own outside of my expectations. Don't go and drown. How passionate are you about this game to forget to even breathe? Although that passion does make me happy, you idiot.

She finally uncrossed her arms, placing her palms on the teacher desk she was sitting on. Good, he might escape with less of her nagging this time.

Najimi:It's because you went swimming with your clothes on that you sank. And it just made it harder to find the sword. Actually, you shouldn't even be going swimming with a bad headache. Really, is that what you think of your own life? Good grief.

He's tempted to remind her she's the one responsable for his headache. However, he decided not to knowing that'd just makes this worse for him.

Najimi:But anyway, more than anything, I'm glad you were able to find the Hero's Sword at the bottom of the pool. Well, it would've been a pain if you stumbled there, so if it came down to it I would've ordered that Utsubogi girl to get into contact with you, but it seems like I didn't need to worry about that. Well, I'm someone whose purpose in life is to worry needlessly about things, so it's fine with me. Even though you suck at thinking theoretically, you surprisingly have a keen nose for treasure hunts like this, huh.

Kumagawa:...Utsubogi?

Najimi:Ah, Utsubogi is another one of my terminals. One of my seven hundred million terminals, Utsubogi Mei. A student of Suisou Academy, Class 1-3, seat number 23. She's at the side of the pool right now, so you can just have her introduce herself to you then. I'm really just tooting my own horn here, but she's a very cute little girl. She's a cute girl that's in a swimsuit, so go on and revive already.

That did motivate him to undo his death as fast as possible, but he knows she wouldn't have her monologue be so short. The sigh escaping her lips only further proved him that.

Najimi:Jeez, even though something like reviving is supposed to be impossible with a Skill, it's really like you to have a cheat-like Skill in All Fiction that makes that possible. Although, you're going to complain at me claiming that something is like you, huh?

She gave a shrugg of her shoulders, after which opening her eyes for the first time since beggining her monologue. Looks like she's gonna go for a lenghtly explanation of this concept.

Najimi:Well, it's not just you. Everyone always seems to worry about what is like them. Each of them wants to keep their own individual personality fixed. Unlike me, they don't try to have an infinite number of personalities. And that's what's so mysterious for me. And that's why I'm holding this experiment, that's why I'm running this game. I'll have you play along, all right? If you die like this now, it's really a pain.

She gave a little nod of her head as she hopped off the desk. With a 360 degree twirl of her body on her landing she pointed at the door like she was leading to a great adventure.

Najimi:All right, wake up already and let's continue. Now that you've found the Hero's Sword, you should already understand what it is you absolutely must do, right? By the way, that Utsubogi girl will be the referee, so get the detailed rules from her. You've already managed to deduce that I want you to cut something down using that Hero's Sword, and I have to praise your keen insight, but. Before that, there's something I'm going to need to have you do. Since a game is all about going through the stages and leveling up, after all.

He got up from his chair and walked to the door leading to nothingness. However, as ge opened the door Najimi told him something at the last second.

Najimi:Ah, that's right, this was something that I planned on telling you through that Utsubogi girl, but seeing as we unexpectedly met here, I may as well tell you now. The official name of the Hero's Sword. Or rather, that Hero's Swor itself is just something I made up with my Skill, Sword Looks, so it doesn't have anything like legends or folklore. So I just named it whatever I wanted. The name of that sword is...

Saki:Kumagawa-kun! Kumagawa-kun! Wake up!

Right now Saki was screaming and shacking Kumagawa's corpse. Although she didn't react at time when sge found out about how long he was underwater, Mei reacted quickly to retrive his body.

Although Kumagawa's body wasn't particulary large for a boy his age it was still heavy. Even so, Mei managed to swim to the bottom and being his body at the surface over her shoulder despise his clothes being soaked in water, which made him even heavier.

Not only that, she doesn't seem to have used any skill to do that, which would mean she managed to carry him with her natural strenght alone. Members of sport clubs really were something else.

Saki:Kumagawa-kun! Kumagawa-kun!

Mei:I don't think there's any point in calling his name...He's completely lost consciousness, and he's not even breathing. His heart has stopped beating, too. To get straight to the point, he's dead.

Saki:Dead...

Mei:I've heard from Teppou-san, but this guy really does die just like that, huh...But there's no need to worry. Though I called him dead, he's most likely in a state of suspended animation, so if we just perform artificial respiration...

Saki:Kumagawa-kun! Wake up! I'm not going to perform artificial respiration, but wake up!

Mei:...There's no need to worry. Even if he's in suspended animation or whatever, Kumagawa Misogi isn't the kind of guy that kicks the bucket even when he dies. That's what I heard from Anshin'in-san.

Without a wisp mercy Mei stepped on Kumagawa's body with quite the force. Likes he was a plastic battle, Kumagawa's mouth opened together with his eyes as he spit out water.

Kumagawa:[Uh, huh? I'm being stepped on by a beautiful girl in a swimsuit? Was this supposed to be that kind of game?]