Embrace of the waves

"These are my friends and their wives"

Anika's eyes widened seeing her close friends and so did theirs as they immediately pulled her into a group hug.

"I missed you!"

One of the girls, Anjali screamed making Anika chuckle as she reciprocated the same words to her close friends from high school.

"Today surely is a beautiful day for me to meet all of you"

Kriti said as they all embraced each other lovingly.

A cough was heard as they all glanced at the boys standing there with a confused face, "You know each other?" Namjoon asked 

"High school friends baby"

Priya chuckled at her husband. Jimin smiled seeing Anika's happy face as he immediately took out his phone, taking a picture secretly while everyone was too engrossed into the conversation of introducing each other.

"You met each other today?"

Anika asked Meera, who nodded with a wide smile, "Yeah"

Anika glanced at Jimin, his lovely gaze making her ears hot as she immediately looked away, but her husband had already caught the heavenly sight of her blushing self.

Two hours later

Anika was sitting on one of the seats on the sand along with her friends while the men were busy on the water.

Anika's family was too present there, her cousins, their spouses and her brother having fun separately while her mother and her two elder sisters sat together and kept reminiscing about their childhood days, smiling looking at their kids.

The men were wearing white shirt and jeans, the women wearing white churidar and eating the berry cake as they talked about their high school days.

"You remember when you said that you wouldn't ever get married and look at you now"

Stella teased Anika making her smile softly as she glanced at Jimin who was laughing with his friends.

"You said the same as well darling"

Anika teased her back after immediately remembering her words back in school, she giggled seeing her red face while slowly glancing at Jin.

Few minutes of chit chats later and now only Meera and Anika was alone on the seats while the others husbands dunked them in the water.

"So... he's treating you good?"

Anika smiled shyly, her eyes falling on the cake as she took a small piece, "The best" she mumbled before eating the cake making Meera giggle, "What about you?" Now it was her time to blush as she glanced at Hoseok.

Anika looked to the side, her eyes slightly widening seeing Jimin walk to her as she immediately stiffened on her place.

Meera giggled seeing her tomato face as she immediately ran away from the about to get romantic scene.

Jimin smirked as he sat across Anika, who focused herself on the cake as she took small bites, he chuckled, "You don't want to play in the water?"

She shook her head with a small smile, "Not really"

He lightly hummed, his eyes trailing down her features- F!$k! He couldn't ever get tired of her enchanting beauty!

Anika's aunt noticed this cute scene as she nudged her elbow with both her sisters, who immediately looked at her, "Look there"

Their gaze instantly turning soft seeing the cute scene, Anika's mom was smiling widely, her heart beating in happiness seeing her daughter's smile.

Jimin stood up before taking a step and sitting behind Anika as she froze, she gulped trying to act normal as she continued to eat the cake.