Guilt?

"What did you just say?" Jimin asked her. Anika glared at him, pushing his face away lightly, she was about to speak when her phone rang, interrupting her. Picking up the call, she threw one more playful glare at his way and walked out of the room while talking to the other person.

Jimin's lips were still parted as his orbs started moving here and there, he held his head when he felt someone hammering his brain. Biting his lower lip, he ruffled his hair, trying to ease the pain.

"What's going on around me?" He murmured as he felt everything around him so unreal. Lying on his back, he stared at the ceiling and wondered, how could the woman who hates him to the core, call herself as his wife? He scoffed when all these days, he had actually expected to wake up from this dream and face the reality.

But nothing... each second he was experiencing another shock.

"I need some time... alone." He once again murmured as he got up from the bed and picked up his phone and wallet before leaving the room. He almost bumped into Anika, who was walking back and forth in the hallway, while still on the call with her friend. She frowned, wondering where he was headed to at this time. She raised her other hand and gestured him, asking where he was going. Jimin sighed before switching on his phone and typing something on the notes.

"I'll be coming in a while. Just some business issues to solve."

Anika worriedly looked at him. He couldn't keep the eye contact as he immediately looked away, putting the phone on mute, she turned to him and asked, "Is something wrong? New project?"

Jimin nodded while pressing his lips into a thin line, "Yeah, I'll try to come back before morning, don't wor-"

Jimin stopped himself, not knowing why such words came out of his mouth.

"Bye."

Anika watched him leave as she simply stared at his back.

"He suddenly seems so distant." She quietly mumbled to herself, but soon flinched when she heard her friend calling her name out loud from the other side as she quickly unmuted the call and continued the conversation mindlessly with her friend, while she was distracted cause of her "husband".

Entering his car after grabbing the keys from the driver he started the engine and drove off from his mansion.

All his thoughts were on her. The strike of lightening brightened up the whole city but that wasn't enough to interrupt his thoughts. His jaw was clenched, not cause of anger... he couldn't pinpoint it. Why? Cause it somehow made his shoulders fall. He glanced at the window and saw the light drizzle of rain, people happily dancing underneath the rain and immediately his mind replayed the sight of her tears.

Once again a lightening strike occurred and he saw clearly the very same people running off to their homes, being scared of the thunder. He imagined himself being harsh on her. He looked ahead, his mind playing certain theories that... the rain is beautiful until the thunder strikes.

She too was beautiful... until-

Jimin gasped out loud as his sudden thoughts were halted due to the sudden jump of a kitten on the road as he immediately pressed his foot on the break.

Breathing heavily, he noticed that tiny little creature shivering out in the cold. He never had any sympathy for anyone, but maybe just this once... he wanted a company that wouldn't get tired of him.

Getting out from the car, he slowly walked towards it and it quickly ran away, hiding underneath one of the parked cars on the side of the road. Jimin crouched in front of the car making the poor kitten step back.