Epilogue

This isn't Shippuden yet, I'm just writing a epilogue, like everyone's reaction to Y/N's "death". Hope y'all enjoy.

Back in Konoha, the retrieval team was being healed along with Satsuki. Naruko was covered in bandages and wires as she lay unconscious. Kiba was in a hospital bed as his sister was taking care of Akamaru. And Neji lay in a middle of array of seals, the medics lead by Shizune was healing a hole on the young Hyuga's left shoulder.

In the hall, sat Shikamaru and in front of him was the eldest of the sand siblings, Temari.

Temari: There's no use in fidgeting.

She said making Shikamaru look at her as he stopped fidgeting.

Temari: Sacrifice is an inevitable part of missions... Didn't you get any emotion training?

Shikamaru didn't answer as he looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed.

Shikamaru: Training and combat are different... In missions, you don't know what's going to happen.... This is my first time being a team leader in a mission... Sure we completed the objective but we lost someone too... I'm not cut out to be a Shinobi...

All was silent for a moment, until the silence was broken by a comment from Temari.

Temari: Unexpected fragility.... Men are strange... Are you afraid of being hurt?

Shikamaru stayed quiet looking depressed. He then stood and walked away walking past his father that was waiting around the corner.

Shikaku: Shikamaru.. you're being talked down by a girl, and you're running away...?

His father said to him, making him stop in his tracks and looked at his father over his shoulder.

Shikamaru: I don't want to have a troublesome conversation... I'm not a girl.

Shikaku: That's true... But you're also not a man... You're just a coward. Even if you quit being a Shinobi, missions will still happen. They will be carried out by others. Your comrades will just go out on missions with a new team leader. They might did, but if you're their team leader at that time then maybe you can prevent them from dying.

Shikamaru was silent as his father talked.

Shikaku: Take your failure as a learning experience, then maybe you can carry out missions with less problems... If you really care about your comrades then stop and think before you run away.. Consider that you may be a greater leader for their sake! That's what it means to be comrades! You coward!!

They stood there silent for a while. Soon a door opened and Tsunade walked out of the door. She informed Shikamaru that his team was in good condition, Shizune too arrived and informed him of Neji's good condition.

Tsunade: Good job Shikamaru, on a successful mission... Think about what your father just said... I don't think Y/N would want you to quit either.

Hearing that broke Shikamaru into tears. He nodded and walked away.

Later.

The news of Y/N's death spread throughout the clans. The most effected was the Kisaragi Clan. The clan head, her husband and her daughters were called to the Hokage office.

Minato: Kisaragi-sama, thank you for coming.

She bowed and greeted back.

Rei: How can we help you Hokage-sama?

Minato: I wish to inform you of the latest mission of Y/N L/N former Kisaragi. I know that he may not be part of the Kisaragi-Clan but I wish to inform you not as his Clan leader, but as you as his mother.