Chapter 1

"Oh, God, no. That's Emma Swan." Regina's eyes followed the blonde woman, who walked into the room as if she owned it. "I hate her."

The woman's dress matched with the bright pink letters on the banner that said Storybrooke High School Reunion. Her green eyes complimented the color of the school's motto at the bottom of the banner.

Regina had been looking forward to this evening for weeks. She'd been desperate to see how her old friends were doing and at what point in their life her former classmates were, but she hadn't realized the reunion would also mean that she'd see Emma Swan again. Had she known that, she never would've come at all.

During the past ten years, she hadn't missed the woman one bit, and now that she saw Emma again, she was reminded once again of how much she despised the blonde.

"Whoa, what happened between you two?" Mal asked and pulled Regina closer to her side. Not everyone had brought their partners to the reunion, but Regina had felt obligated to take Mal. The woman was already doubting their relationship and Regina didn't want to lose Mal yet.

"Were you two friends with benefits or was that really just a rumor going around?" Ruby asked, who was standing next to Regina. She'd brought her boyfriend, Peter.

"Oh, we definitely weren't friends," Regina replied and sipped her cocktail. "This is just the one night I have to survive with her. I'm sure it'll be okay. I probably won't even have to talk to her." She said that mostly to calm herself.

"I didn't know you hated her this much. You used to have a huge crush on her," Ivy remarked, but Regina didn't respond. She kept staring at Emma with a scowl on her face.

After greeting and hugging several people, Emma approached their table and Regina swallowed thickly. She drank the last of her cocktail all at once and tried to remain casual as her enemy smiled brightly.

Regina hated every single thing about her. She felt it in her entire body. Her muscles tensed and her heart was pounding loudly, while she gritted her teeth. She hated that the woman was ruining this fun night, she hated that the woman had ruined so many nights in the past, but most of all she hated how much of a glow up Emma had had in the past years, even though she'd already been very pretty.

"Ivy, hi! Long time no see, you look amazing," Emma said, while hugging Ivy quickly. Ivy replied ecstatically, even though Regina knew for a fact that they'd never been very close.

She watched as Emma introduced herself to Peter and greeted Ruby happily. Then, she laid eyes upon Regina. Mal tightened the grip on her hip, while Emma checked her out from head to toe.

"Regina Mills." Emma didn't add any emotion to the statement. She just let the name hang in the air as she looked Regina straight in her eyes.

"Sorry, I have a hard time recalling who you are," Regina said and faked an apologetic expression on her face. Emma quirked an eyebrow and smirked, clearly enjoying this.

"Emma Swan."

"Emmet Swan?"

"Emma Swan." Emma awkwardly tucked a strand of hair from her face and Regina took delight in her discomfort.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, Emilia." Regina held up her hand for Emma to shake it, but the blonde didn't budge.

"It's Em. Ma. It's really not that hard."

"I'm sorry, Emmanuel, I just seem to have a hard time remembering you. Were we in the same year?" Regina continued pretending to be ignorant and confused, much to Emma's obvious annoyance. "Oh,  you were the girl seated in front of me in Mr. Booth's classes!"