Chapter 10

Past...

"I'll see you after class!" Regina waved at Ivy, who hurried through the mass of other students to be on time for her French classes. Regina herself had History, her favorite subject.

She walked the opposite way from Ivy, until she suddenly felt someone tugging her arm. It confused her, until she recognized Emma's blonde curls.

Emma never interacted with her during school hours. She didn't even look at Regina. It was as though they didn't have a regular meeting every Wednesday at ten p.m. in Emma's car.

Class was about to start in two minutes, so Regina wasn't sure what Emma wanted from her. Especially when Emma pushed her into one of the stalls in the bathroom.

There was no one else there, because everyone had to get to class. For one second, Regina looked confused at Emma, before the blonde connected their lips and pressed Regina further up against the wall.

"Em, what.. what are you doing?" Regina timidly asked, before Emma kissed her again. She relished in the feeling of Emma's lips against her own. It still was more rare than other things they did.

"Isn't that obvious?"

"Well, yes, but we have class in like a minute."

"I'm sure Mr. Booth will forgive you, you're his favorite." Emma kissed her again. Regina felt Emma's hands at her waist and she knew she wouldn't be able to resist Emma. The girl was acknowledging her during school hours, that was a big deal.

"I'm not sure, my parents.."

Emma moved away from Regina and shrugged. "You can stop this.." Emma gestured at the space between them, "anytime you want. Just walk away."

Regina looked at Emma's green eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes she'd ever seen, with a gorgeous pattern in the iris.

She couldn't deny her anything. Emma was just starting to like her. Ever since they started smoking every Wednesday night, she'd felt closer to Emma and she couldn't help but think Emma felt closer to her as well.

"No, no, I'll.. let's do it," Regina muttered and brushed against Emma's cheek with her thumb. Emma smiled and kissed her fiercely.

"Good. You won't regret it."

~~~~

The sound of loud knocks startled Regina. She turned around, as much as the crammed backseat of the car would allow her, and then she froze.

She recognized the outfit the man was wearing immediately, because her father wore a similar one. No one had ever seen Emma and her at the vacant parking lot, except for this cop right now and she instantly knew they were screwed.

"Fuck, fuck," Regina muttered. She rarely swore, but she'd never gotten herself in such a situation. Half naked, with another girl in a car doing things that shouldn't be done in a place where other people could see them.

Regina smoothed her skirt and hastily put on a top, before she opened the car door. "Can I help you?" Her voice sounded much calmer than she felt and even when they were escorted to the Sheriff Station, Regina managed to appear calm.

Emma did as well, but she actually didn't seem to care about this situation at all. They'd just been caught having sex by the police and Emma was acting like it didn't matter.

It did matter. Regina worried sick about the consequences of this moment. Worst case scenario, they'd be prosecuted and ended up with a great stain on their criminal record. Her future would be ruined.