Chapter 23

Regina had avoided Emma the rest of the night. She'd also avoided Jack. She'd spent the rest of the party talking to friends of Emma she'd just met and pretending everything was fine. Everything was not fine.

She'd promised Emma beforehand she'd help clean everything up once the party was over and she kept her word. She'd spent the last hour and a half collecting trash, cleaning tables and mopping the floor. Meanwhile, she still didn't speak to Emma.

Emma also didn't talk to her. Probably because morning was starting and they were both tired. Regina looked around, satisfied with the work they'd done at this hour and she glanced at Emma, who was putting the last of the dishes in the cabinets.

Regina poured herself a glass of water and filled it with ice cubes as she watched Emma clean the kitchen counter. Regina inhaled deeply, put her fingers in her glass and grabbed one of the ice cubes. She wasn't very thirsty.

She went to stand behind Emma and put the ice cube in her neck. Emma immediately stopped moving the cloth. She hissed and froze into place. Regina pressed herself against Emma's back and moved her lips to her friend's ear.

"Do you know how infuriating it is to be kissing someone after three weeks of not being intimate with anyone, only to be disturbed by a couple of ice cubes?"

Emma wanted to turn around, but Regina kept her pinned against the counter. "Ingrid apologized."

"Yes. She did. No one drank water at your party, Emma, no one except you. I know you put her up to this."

"I.."

"And then I started wondering why?" Regina kept the ice cube against the skin of Emma's neck, but she seemed used to the cold now, so Regina moved it around a bit. "You told me you're not into Jack and yet you jeopardize us getting together for one night."

Regina slowly pulled down the zipper of Emma's dress and touched Emma's back with the ice cube. Emma hissed again, but didn't say anything. She arched her back and Regina slipped the strap off her shoulder.

"Then I figured, if it's not me you're jealous of, you must be jealous of Jack kissing me." Regina knew she still wasn't sober and she doubted she'd zipped down Emma's dress had she been, but she was thrilled that the alcohol gave her the courage to do so.

Emma turned around and Regina saw her hands tightly grip the counter. "I have no idea what you're talking about. Ingrid accidentally spilled her drink, that's all I know."

"After all these years you still can't stand to see me with someone else." Regina wanted to be annoyed with Emma, but secretly, she loved it. She really enjoyed this type of possessiveness, even though she and Emma weren't together. It made her feel wanted and she really liked feeling wanted. "And because of that, you ruined my one chance of having sex tonight."

"I think I can help with that," Emma softly said and she took the other strap of her dress off her shoulder. Her lips were close to Regina's, but Regina wasn't planning on kissing Emma.

"So you admit it?"

"I admit nothing," Emma said as she guided Regina's hands to her shoulders. Regina smiled and moved her lips closer to Emma's. They almost touched, but right when Emma leaned in, Regina moved away.

Emma pouted, but Regina knew her friend. She knew Emma would never confess to any of her feelings. Not unless she felt obligated to do so and Regina was going to do whatever it took for Emma to speak the truth.

She pulled down Emma's neckline and saw her red bra. She noticed Emma's sharp breaths and the whole situation made her feel more alive than she had in weeks. Emma's lips neared her own and it was getting harder and harder to postpone kissing Emma, but she couldn't give in, so she turned her head.