Chapter 11

Present...

"What are you implying?" Emma was getting agitated again and Regina leaned back in her chair. She looked at her nails and reminded herself to get a manicure again.

She wasn't hurrying to respond, she wanted the question to hang in the air for a while, but when she was about to talk, someone knocked on the door.

Somehow, Regina had a really good inkling on who was waiting on the other side, so she got up and opened the door before Emma could.

"Emma, I.. oh. Regina." Mal was wearing a low cut shirt and that surprised Regina. Her ex really didn't waste any time. "I was just coming to.." Regina threw the red coat in her arms and. "There's nothing between Emma and.."

"I don't care," Regina said and shut the door. She turned around to look at Emma, who'd gotten off the couch herself. "Mal? Seriously?"

Emma grabbed herself a glass of water and shrugged. "There's nothing going on, if that's what you mean," she replied and smiled. "All she said was that I turn you on."

This seemed to amuse her, much to Regina's annoyance. Regina didn't like Mal spreading rumors, definitely not to people she couldn't stand.

"Mal thinks sucking my left knee is a turn on, so I wouldn't take it all that seriously."

"You want anything to drink?" Emma completely ignored Regina's comment, but Regina didn't take any offense. She didn't really care what Emma was doing with her ex. They were both in the past.

"I thought you'd never ask." Regina didn't necessarily want anything to drink, but she took every opportunity to comment something salty.

Emma looked at Regina as she handed her a glass of water. "You haven't said a single nice thing to me ever since I got to Storybrooke."

"I don't owe you any kindness."

"You do remember you were the one who stopped talking to me, all of the sudden? I could be just as pissed about that as you are about everything else."

Regina scoffed and cocked her head. She wanted to see if Emma was serious, because of all the things Emma had said to her, this was the worst.

"You didn't seem to be any upset over our lack of contact."

"What did you expect me to do? Keep trying to get in touch with you like some whiny, stalking bitch? You underestimate me."

Regina was silent for a moment. She needed to form the following words carefully in her head, because she didn't trust her impulses anymore. She was getting angry and she couldn't let that keep her from her mission: get Emma out of Storybrooke.

"Do you honestly think ending our "relationship" was just as bad as everything you put me through?" Regina tried her hardest to keep her voice calm.

"I'm saying you can acknowledge that wasn't kind, either."

"In what world was that unkind?" Regina felt herself losing control over her emotions again and her voice trembled. "The only reason I stopped talking to you was because I'd finally realized you were using me. I finally realized just how toxic you were and the effect that had on me. You used me for my body!"

"What?" Emma snapped and shook her head. "You were literally throwing yourself at me! You wanted it just as much as I did!"

"Because I was in love with you! You knew that and yet you still took advantage of my feelings!" It'd been a while since Regina had screamed like this and it made her feel surprisingly good.

"You can't portray me as the villain all of the sudden! You regret it, that's fine, but you can't tell me I used you when you were so obviously into it as well."