Chapter 2

Ten years and eight months ago...

"Oh, God, Emma Swan is here!" Regina had to contain a squeal as she entered the mansion. Midas' parents were rich and she could easily tell. His parties were always grande and festive, or so she'd heard. This was the first time her parents had allowed her to go. "I love her."

Kathryn had her arm hooked into Regina's and raised an eyebrow. "I thought you were past this ridiculous crush. I'm sorry, Regina, it's just never going to happen."

"I am not yet over her, but who knows? Maybe something will happen. I'd never thought I'd go to a party, but look where I am now."

She kept her eyes on the blonde girl, who was wearing a outfit Regina's parents never would've let her wear. Emma showed cleavage and her ass was almost visible from underneath her tight dress. She was laughing with friends and drinking something from a plastic cup.

Regina looked around at the rest of the people. Everyone was dressed provocatively and held the same red cups in their hands. Regina assumed they were all drinking alcohol, but she didn't know where they'd gotten it.

Loud music was blaring through the room and Regina didn't recognize the song, but some people clearly did, because they were singing along as well as they could.

"We should go and meet with some people," Daniel suggested. Regina looked at her friend and felt her whole body tremble in exhilaration. She didn't know how to socialize with people at parties like this, but the thought excited her. She finally felt like she wasn't an outsider anymore.

Her friends, Kathryn, Daniel and Ivy, had all been to parties like this before and she'd always heard the funniest stories. People that had kissed, people that had done something stupid while drunk. Her parents had never allowed her to go - they were afraid she was going to start drinking - but now that she was almost seventeen, they deemed her old enough to make responsible decisions.

The four of them blended into some conversations. Regina wasn't nearly as popular as her friends - who also weren't high on the list of popular people - but she wasn't disliked and people didn't seem to want her gone. She kept quiet, though, taking it all in.

The music started to become a bit too loud and the people around her were far too sweaty. It was hot inside the house and Regina wanted something to drink, so she quickly excused herself and left the group of people.

There were all kinds of drinks, both soda and alcoholic. Everything Regina could've dreamt of, she saw. She carefully grabbed a plastic cup and a bottle of coke.

"Sticking to the soda?" Regina almost dropped the bottle when she heard the voice. Emma Swan had not once spoken to her and she couldn't believe the girl was, now.

She'd always looked up to Emma, the way she seemed to have everything. She had a lot of friends, a lot of partners and was never alone. Regina herself felt lonely, many times.

"Uh, yeah," she nervously let out. "My parents don't want me drinking alcohol."

"Of course they don't," Emma replied with a smile. "They care about you."

"Right," Regina replied. "Do your.. parents don't mind underage drinking?"

She wanted to slap herself. Emma wasn't going to like her if she continued talking like this. She sounded like a mom. No one liked that.

"Sure," Emma said. "But what's the fun in listening to your parents all the time?"

She grabbed two small glasses and poured a transparent liquid in both of them. Regina knew Emma was making vodka shots, but she didn't know why the girl was making two. Probably for a friend, she figured.