Chapter 25

"It is a good movie, right?!" Regina watched the end titles roll on the screen and averted her eyes to Emma, to make sure she'd convinced her date.

Emma nodded enthusiastically and put down her empty tea cup on the coffee table beside the couch. "Yes. It is."

Regina smirked. She'd told Emma about the movie on their first date, but Emma said she wasn't a fan of French movies. That was why it'd taken her twelve dates to convince her to watch it and she was glad to have succeeded.

"It took two months, but now I can finally state that the woman I'm dating has a good movie taste," Regina said and kissed Emma. She blindly turned off the TV with the remote and dropped it on the carpet. She didn't care where it ended up. She rarely cared about anything while kissing Emma.

Emma moved her hand up Regina's thigh and Regina could feel the fabric of her dress sliding up. She stopped kissing Emma and moved the blonde's hand away.

"I'm sorry. I should have asked."

"No," Regina muttered. "Maybe. I don't know."

"Is everything okay?"

Regina clenched her jaw and looked at Emma. She was incredibly attracted to the woman and she really wanted Emma to be naked. She just wasn't sure she herself wanted to be naked.

"Yes."

"I don't believe you. Talk to me." Regina didn't say a word, so Emma cleared her throat and continued, "we don't have to do anything, Regina. We can just kiss and talk, or not even kiss. We can sit in silence next to each other and I'll still love being with you."

Regina hummed and cupped Emma's cheek before she pressed her lips against her nose. "That's sweet. I don't believe you, but it's sweet. It's all just.. hard to explain." She was silent for a moment. "As you know, I'm not a.. prude. To put it as a euphemism. I've never backed away from sex on the first date and if it wasn't the first, it would be the second. You told me you'd never craved someone's touch, so I made it my goal to get you to genuinely desire having sex with me."

"I do crave yo.."

"Hush. I'm talking," Regina interrupted Emma. "Around the seventh date, I realized I'd put it off long enough. But when the teasing stopped, the realization hit me that I really like you. I really really like you and I got scared. I can't remember the last time I slept with someone I had feelings for and it felt like it would make everything official, like I would confess my feelings to you."

Regina watched as Emma pondered on the words she'd spoken. "You know, we've been dating for two months. It may come as a surprise to you, but I'm really glad to hear you have feelings for me. I was starting to get a little worried," Emma said and Regina initially thought it was a joke, but she saw Emma's relieved expression and she realized she'd been too hard on her date.

She wanted to say something apologetic, but Emma was first. "I have slept with people I had feelings for, not too long ago, but I don't think I've ever had the same feelings for anyone as I have for you. There's something about our dynamic that makes this all feel very new to me. For starters, I'm yearning for your touch more than I've ever done with anyone. I loved Killian, but I didn't feel the desire to touch him the way I feel that for you. I want to reignite our passion one day, but if you don't feel ready for that, that's totally fine."

Regina kissed Emma fiercely and pushed her with her back on the couch, before she climbed on top of her. "Well, I already said it out loud, so we might as well celebrate," Regina replied.

"Can you say it again?" Emma asked, between kisses.

"What? That I like you?"

"Yep."