Chapter 21

Regina strutted through the hallways on her stiletto heels. The sheriff station was on her way to work, so she convinced herself she wasn't even going through that much trouble to see Emma.

She carried two cups of coffee to the office and saw Emma playing darts, while Graham was sitting with his eyes closed in a chair.

"Our tax dollars hard at work, I see," Regina said and Graham immediately opened his eyes and sat up straight.

"Regina, we were just.. trying to crack a case." It was an obvious lie, but Regina was endeared that Graham tried.

"I heard some loud noises outside. Could you go check that out, Graham?"

She hadn't heard any loud noises. She just wanted to speak with Emma, privately, and it was simply kind to keep Graham occupied.

"I'm not sure. We haven't had a murder case in over twenty years and it would be a shame to let that happen, simply because I allowed you two to be in the same room together."

"Don't worry, we've made amends. I can handle her," Emma said and gave a reassuring nod. Graham raised his eyebrows, but left the place without another word.

Regina walked towards Emma and handed her one cup of coffee. She watched as the woman sat down on her chair and cocked her head.

"How do you feel?" Regina could only imagine Emma felt incredibly hungover and sick after last night, but she was surprised to see Emma looked positively relaxed.

"My head is still pounding and it feels like I've been awake for days, but great. Thanks for the coffee." She was silent for a moment, but Regina could tell she wasn't done speaking. "I.. I don't remember much from last night. I know we broke the toaster, but after that everything is a blur."

"And now you're wondering why you woke up naked," Regina concluded.

Emma turned bright red and swallowed. "If something happened between us, don't.. feel bad. I never would've said no to anything you'd asked from me, drunk or not. I'd been wondering for a while what it would be like between us again, so don't think you took advantage, I get very clingy when I'm drunk."

Regina smiled widely. She'd noticed Emma's clinginess throughout the evening, but there was no way she'd ever take a woman that drunk to bed. There had been no indication for them to have any kind of physical contact, but for some reason it delighted Regina that Emma had thought about it.

"I don't feel bad. You were very clingy," Regina said.

Emma sighed relieved. "Okay, good." Regina looked her in the eyes and she knew she had to tell Emma they hadn't slept together, but she was enjoying this moment a tad too much. "So, what was it like?"

"What do you imagine?" Regina leaned against the desk, very curious to hear Emma's answer. She caught Emma's gaze drifting to her cleavage and she couldn't help but smirk. She'd love to get a peek inside Emma's mind right now.

"I imagine drunk, sloppy sex," Emma said with a casual shrug. "But if it was anything like it was ten years ago, I.." she seemed to ponder on this for a moment, "I can only imagine there was a strong chemistry. We always had that passion, deep down. Somehow there was always this intensity between us, a whole new level of sensuality."

Emma looked as if she was lost in thought and Regina herself had to swallow before she could speak. She recognized everything Emma had said. They'd been young, but they'd known what they were doing.

"So, did we improve in ten years?" Emma snapped Regina out of her train of thought.

"We didn't have sex."