Chapter 12

Past...

Her two months of being grounded went by surprisingly fast. Regina was glad most parties had been around Christmas and New Year's, so she hadn't missed anything these past weeks.

Emma had taken her to every party during Christmas break. They hadn't gone there together, since Emma refused to be seen with her, but whenever Emma had handed her a pornstar martini, Regina knew the girl was waiting for her.

Fortunately, she hadn't missed all that. She'd sat at home and studied for her upcoming tests and exams.

The only day she'd really hated being grounded was her birthday. She'd begged her parents to give her a day off, but they refused. She was to postpone a potential party. Though, when Ivy, Daniel and Kathryn had knocked on her door that day, Cora had let them in.

Now, Regina was free of punishment. For as far as she was concerned, Emma hadn't gotten in trouble with her parents at all, but she hadn't dared asking the girl about it.

They'd continued skipping more classes, now that their Wednesday night encounters were cancelled and Regina didn't even feel guilty about it anymore. She wasn't missed, apparently, and her grades didn't suffer because of it. It was ideal.

Emma: meet me at my car

Regina stared at her phone in disbelief. Emma was asking her to meet up right after school. Kathryn quirked an eyebrow and nudged her friend's shoulder.

"What's up?"

"Oh, nothing."

"It's not nothing. You look like you're about to do something stupid." They walked to their lockers and Regina grabbed all the items she needed for homework, this afternoon. She didn't respond to Kathryn, who rolled her eyes subtly. "Hey, you wanna do something fun this afternoon? It's your first day of freedom again!"

"Emma just texted, asking me to meet at her car."

"So, you are going to do something stupid."

"No, I just.. it's a big deal that she wants to see me."

Kathryn zipped her bag and sighed. "But it shouldn't be, Regina. You've been screwing her for half a year. She's keeping you on the hook."

"I'm sorry, Kat. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Let's hang out, then!" Kathryn frowned. "Please? I love you, you know that."

"Okay. See you tomorrow. Don't smoke!"

Regina rolled her eyes as she left the school to look for Emma's yellow bug. It wasn't hard to find. When she arrived, Emma handed her a cigarette, one that Regina gladly accepted, and they got in the car.

During the time she was grounded, Regina hadn't been able to smoke and now that she was inhaling the familiar fumes, she realized just how much she'd missed the sensation.

"I need to do some grocery shopping," Emma said as she started driving.

"That's what you called me here for?" Regina took a drag of her cigarette and watched the butt light up.

"I'm totally broke," Emma said and Regina looked at her. She hadn't expected Emma to be broke.. ever. The girl always showed up with new clothes and fancy accessories. She seemed to have endless savings.

"You need to borrow some money?"

"I don't do that," Emma said as she parked the car near the grocery store. "No. I need you to do something else for me."

Regina got intrigued. She liked that Emma needed her for something. She'd missed spending time with Emma after school and she couldn't wait to hear what Emma had in store for her.