𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

You know those kind of sleeps that just make you forget where you are, what you did last night, and shit? Yeah that happened

I wake up, my eyesight groggy and my hair looking like I fought demons in my sleep. I walk over to the guest room which is now Mils's room, to see if she's awake.

"Mils! Mils." I scream so she can hear me, because this girl cannot hear one peep while she's sleeping. Perks of being a deep sleeper I guess.

"What!" She quite literally yells at the top of her lungs.

"We're going to be late get up." I feel like her mother at times.

"Getting up." She says, but does she? No.

"Mila Peoche, I swear to gosh get your ass up right now we cannot be late." I yell.

"Didn't know you were my mother, Lina." She groans.

I look at the clock and it's 8:20 am. Before I went to bed last night, my mom sent me a text saying that we had to be there by 9 am. We can't be late. That'd be so embarrassing, plus I don't like attention on me so, no thank you.

Mils finally gets up and goes to the washroom. I do the same. I take a shower, wash my hair, brush my teeth, and put on light makeup.

The weather is pleasant today so I just pick out a yellow floral sleeveless sundress. I think it fits the occasion.

It takes me about twenty minutes to get ready, and Mils finished getting ready a few minutes earlier than I did, which is good because she usually takes the longest. But I can't blame her, I do too, but I was feeling a little generous today so I took twenty instead of thirty. Everyone needs a daughter like me honestly.

It's now 8:50, and it starts getting real. I'm about to see Alessio again, after the longest time ever. It's okay. He's a nice guy. A sweet nice guy.

We head out and I start driving. At the rate we're moving right now, we're so going to be late. If I could crash through all the cars and speed through, I would. Honestly I might consider it, getting in a car crash is better than whatever this brunch is. Should I? Never mind, the traffic finally got cleared up. Next time I guess.

"So, how you feeling Lina?" Mils asks me while applying lipgloss.

"I'm all over the place. I mean Alessio. I didn't think I was going to see him anytime soon. And I'm getting married to him. But he's a nice guy, I think." I say with my emotions hard to identify.

"His name is hot. Admit it, it is! But also, I read that he got out of a two year relationship with Eva Montgomery, a few weeks ago." Mils says.

"Really? Honestly if I were him I'd cancel this wedding and get her back." I respond in a shocked tone.

Eva Montgomery is what you call an "it girl". She's perfect in every way. No one hates her, she's an angel on Earth. Everyone in upstate New York knew her. And don't even get me started on her looks. God took his sweet time to make her. She's those type of people you see on Pinterest, and save it to your "aesthetic" board. Sometimes I can't help but compare myself. She's so poised, and smart, and fits my parents standards for me.