𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

We start walking in awkward silence

We start walking in awkward silence. Should I say something first? He'll think I'm obsessed with him.

Whatever I'll start it. We're supposed to be bonding.

"So, wanna play 20 questions?" I say in hopes that he'll say yes.

"No." He says.

What the fuck.

If he says no again, I'm running away and leaving him.

Before I can say anything else, I trip over my mom's plant pots. Am I fucking blind.

I trip. I trip. In front of him. I resent my mom's plants now.

He catches me. His hands wrap around my waist, holding me steady. A trail of goosebumps form on my arms.

I gaze up at his eyes, and it was like storms were fuelling up in them. This was probably the hottest eye contact I've ever held.

His eyes were soul crushing. Captivating. I never want to look away.

"Falling for me, already?" He says with irritating smirk plastered across his face.

I quickly clear my throat and regain my balance.

"You wish." I say, trying to cover up the fact that I was staring into his eyes like a creep.

We fall into awkward silence again. Can he say something already.

"So,what happened with Eva? If you don't mind me asking." I say without thinking.

Really, Melina.

"Had to end it because of this marriage." He says without making eye contact with me.

Oh.

I feel guilty. He had to end a two year relationship because of this arrangement. Because of me.

I need to make it up to him, otherwise this guilt is going to eat me alive.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." I say, my tone filled with guilt.

I have an idea.

"Wait! What if I help you get her back?" I ask, hoping he'll agree with me.

Instead he just looks at me like I'm wearing clown makeup.

"Hear me out, I'm the best person to fix things. I'll help you win her back and then you can get out of this arrangement. After we get married, we can start planning." I say beaming with happiness.