𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

Sweet Nothing - Taylor Swift

6 months later...

Labour is probably the most dreadful thing ever, but I somehow feel at peace. I can feel my life shifting for the better already.

Alessio is the most distressed, more than I am. Since my water broke back at our house, he's been moving around making sure everything's fine, that I'm fine. I'm surprised he managed to get us out of the house in less than 5 minutes.

His worries and doubts don't seem to be ending anytime soon considering, he's bombarding the doctors with a million questions, and questioning their delivery skills. It just keeps getting worser as he's been watching me lie in pain for the past few hours.

Damien had placed a bet that Alessio would be more terrified and would act as if he's the one who's going to be pushing the babies out. I defended Alessio, but I know Damien is going to hold this over my head forever.

"How are you feeling now, love?" Alessio questions me, worry painting his face blue. He settles back down on the chair beside the bed again, while he takes my hand and interlocks it with his.

I nod in response as I find it hard to string out  comprehensible sentences, due to the extreme amount of pain that's currently filling my body.

I've been contracting for the past five hours, but the nerves are just starting to hit hard. I'm going to meet our babies.

In the midst of my thoughts, a sudden tight cramp overwhelms my body, causing me to groan in agony. I squeeze Alessio's as hard as I can, as tears start to brink at my eyes.

Alessio immediately goes and ushers a nurse over, as she stands near my feet, alarming me that I'm already ten centimetres dilated.

My brain is buzzed with pain, suddenly being clouded with doubt. I start doubting my ability of doing all of this right. A small cry escapes from my lips, and  I can feel myself fall into the dark whole of anxiety before Alessio comes back to my side, brushing his lips over my forehead.

"You're so strong, baby. It's all going to be worth it, you got this." My hand clings onto his as tightly as humanly possible, nodding my head while my eyes still remain shut.

"We're going to proceed to push on the count of three, alright?" Alessio quietly starts to count down with the nurse, as the whole world goes silent except of Alessio's voice. Next thing I know, I'm pushing painfully hard.

A mumbled scream escapes my lips, as I clutch onto Alessio. "You're going amazing baby, keep going okay? I'm so proud of you." Alessio's voice is the only thing keeping me going right now.