𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Say Yes To Heaven - Lana Del Rey

I'm getting married.

Who would've thought? Not me.

I'm not one to settle down, and be lovey-dovey with a woman.

Not sure how I'll get through this, but Melina makes it...better?

She makes it tolerable.

I watch everyone settle down in the church, Melina and I's families, sitting in the front.

I'm not really sure on how to feel about all this.

Nothing's really changed. I'm just committed to a person with no attachments, right?

Yep.

"Okay, you have to walk the isle in two minutes. You ready?" Rocco calls out, standing behind me.

"Yes." I say, fixing my tie.

"Don't worry, the worst she can do is runaway." Rocco says, trying to reassure me—like I needed it—or something.

"What makes you think she'll runaway?" I ask, my mood faltering.

"Not saying she will, I'm just implying that she doesn't like you the most." Rocco states.

"I don't like her either, but we're both shutting up and getting married. Drop it." I respond, being irritated of this conversation already.

"Whatever you say. See you out there, good luck." He says, throwing his hands up in surrender.

I sigh and give him a tight lipped smile.

I look at the clock and it's been two minutes.

I hear that everyone's silenced, which means it's my cue to leave.

I step outside of the room, and walk down the aisle.

Walking down the aisle is fine, but everyone's eyes latched onto me isn't.

It feels weird.

I stand in front of the priest, and since we weren't doing best man and bridesmaids, it was just the ring bearer and the flower girl.

The ring bearer was my nephew, but I'm not quite sure who the flower girl was to Melina.

Gabriel—my nephew—comes and stands next to me.