𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

We're all seated for lunch as, Emily, our maid, brings food to the table

We're all seated for lunch as, Emily, our maid, brings food to the table. We're eating Italian for lunch, and I've never been more happier. Emily's Italian food is the best.

I look up from my plate and I see the tattooed man himself sitting across from me. He's texting someone, very quickly I must add. I'm a fast texter myself, but the way he was typing it was as if his mom was going to take away his phone and he wouldn't see his friends for another year or so.

His fingers moving so fast. I wonder what else those fingers can do.

Nope, not going there.

Everyone starts eating and I start wondering how this man hasn't said one word to anyone except his brother, the whole day.

Is he shy. That's cute. Shy guys are the cutest people to exist. But in my experience, sometimes they're the most freakiest people. Like woah, okay.

"Will you guys think about kids? We really hope to have grandkids one day, and same with Viola and Daniel, I assume?" Vera asks with mischief laced in her tone.

I choke on my lasagna not expecting this, to be the first topic of our lunch. Okay, I guess we're talking about that then. My parents never brought it up. Maybe they thought that it was self explanatory. I think they do want me to have babies with this man.

I can't imagine him being a father. I feel like he'd be a good one. Or that's how it ends in the books that I read. The tattooed scary guys end up being the cutest fathers ever.

"Well mamá, that depends on Melina doesn't it?" Alessio responds with mischief dancing in his eyes.

So many thing to unpack here. First, his voice. Lord. His voice is piercing, raspy, low. Not in the kind where it's cringe, but in the kind where it makes you weak in the knees.

Second, first thing he says to me all day is indirect, and so random. We haven't spoken in years, and he wishes to talk to me about sex. What the fuck.

And then Mila beside me, giggles. Happy someone finds my misery entertaining.

I avert my eyes to the dark brown ones, sitting across from mine. There is pure amusement displayed across his eyes. A smirk placed on his lips, as if he's trying to hold in a laugh.

I clear my throat before responding. "I love kids, and always dreamt of having a family of my own so, yes." I say with a radiant smile. And I receive a smile back from Vera.

I turn my gaze away from Vera, and attach it onto Alessio's while raising my eyebrows in pride.

Meanwhile, he smirks and rolls his tongue against the inside of his cheek, while averting his gaze elsewhere. And I notice dimples.

Alessio fucking Mazzelli has dimples. Like him rolling his tongue against the inside of his cheek wasn't enough, he had to have dimples. I'm a goner.