𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

intro (end of the world) - Ariana Grande

My eyes open wide, being woken up by a thud. I check the clock that lies on my nightstand, 3:17 am. I look over to my side, just to be met with an empty bed. All that remained was the faint scent of his strong cologne, which made me only crave him even more. Pregnancy hormones are absolute hell.

We're only a month in, and I'm already feeling anxious. More than I should be.

I roll over, my eyes slowly trailing around the room, just to see Alessio sitting on one of the sofas, places in our balcony outside. With a deep breath, I rose up from the bed and made my way to the balcony connected to our room. The cold breeze hitting my bare legs.

I find him with a cigarette close to his lips, as he drowns himself in his thoughts. I wrap my arms around my waist, in attempt to warm myself up.

As my pregnancy progresses, I may or may not have been stealing Alessio's oversized shirts. They're baggy, swallowing me whole, and best yet, they have his scent on them. It's a win-win, all around.

I walk towards him, hoping to get him out of his trance. Alessio and I are similar in many ways, but most of all, both of our thoughts are deadly. If we're left alone with them, it puts you in a deathly trance. One you can't seem to get out of, no matter how hard you try.

He turns his head in my direction, at the sound of my footsteps, and gives me a sweet smile. That smile only belongs to me. He puts out his cigarette, putting it in his ashtray.

I take a seat beside him, wrapping my arms around his waist, as I place my head on his rugged chest. His hands come up to caress my hair, in a slow and smooth motion.

"I'm scared, Melina." Alessio's shaky voice pierces through my heart. I think it's good that I broke him out of his trance when I did, or else it would've escalated.

"Me too," I respond, tears starting to pinch at my eyes. God, hormones. "I'm scared of fucking it all up, but I won't. You know why? Because I have you. I'm lucky to have you, and so are the twins. The amount of care you're giving them right now, just imagine it all and beyond after they're actually born." I reassure him.

We found out we're having twins a few weeks ago at our ultrasound. A mini me, and a mini Alessio. We're having fraternal twins, so a boy and a girl. Best believe, I cried for the whole day. And a couple after that. One baby was scary as it is, but now it's doubled. As happy as I am, I'm just as scared.

"What if I turn out like my father? I'm messed up as it is, I don't want his fatherly genes too. I don't want the kids to hate me, like I hated my father." He sounds so broken, and I'd undoubtedly pick up all his shattered pieces and put them back together. Even if my hands were bleeding.

"They most definitely won't. Trust me, baby. You have so much love to gift to them, and when they unwrap it all, they're going to see how amazing of a father you are. Plus, you're going to be the coolest dad, and they can show it off to their friends at school." I giggle out, making his chest rumble as he laughs. I love hearing him laugh. It's the only thing I want to hear for eternity.

"I love you. It's intoxicating. I'm not sure what I did to deserve you, but I'm never letting go. I'm pretty sure I decided that, the first time we met. I remember telling my mom that you were the most beautiful girl, I've ever seen," I look up at him in between his words, just to find him already looking down at me in pure admiration.

My heart bursts at his confession, a big smile sneaking onto my lips. I haven't felt loved by very many in my life, but I know Alessio's love is everlasting.

"I thought you were kind of cute, but rude as hell. Stealing my candy wasn't the move, I took that to heart." I roll my eyes in a playful manner, making him smirk.

"I fucking hated candy as a child. I stole it so you would notice me. You were more friendly towards Rocco, which confused the fuck out of me. He was a clown." Alessio defends himself, making me laugh at his actions.

"Maybe I was more friendly towards Rocco, because he didn't steal my candy. Funny how life works though. We saw each other when we were little, now we're having twins. What are the chances?"

"There are no chances because I would've made you my wife in this universe, and all the other ones, stellina." His words drip like sweet honey, clouding my mind.

My cheeks hurt from smiling so much, but I can't help it. Alessio starts drawing circles on my forearm, as I slowly doze off. My eyes flutter shut, until I feel him drawing letters.

I focus on what he's spelling out. His finger goes up and down in a...'M' shape? Next, he draws a small line....'I' shape. The next letters are easy to figure out, as the shape is very similar, 'N' and 'E'?

Mine.

"Mine." I hear him mutter out, as he leans down and kisses my head gently. Butterflies swarm throughout my body, in giddiness. And with that, I fall asleep in utter peace and bliss.

authors note: sorry for a small chapter but i just wanted a sweet little chapter for my babies :) i either cringe or cry heavily at my writing, this time i cried

authors note:
sorry for a small chapter but i just wanted a sweet little chapter for my babies :) i either cringe or cry heavily at my writing, this time i cried.

we're drifting to an enddddd, how we feelin?? i'm most definitely doing a second book idc. i'm too attached now.

thank you for readinggg, lmk if there are any spelling or grammar errors!! luh you the mostest xx