𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

It's the engagement party day

It's the engagement party day. And it all hits me.

I have to get married in two days. I don't even get a few months. Normally, people wait two months or so after their engagement party to get married. But not for me.

He didn't even properly propose. Fucking sent me my ring in the mail. In the fucking mail.

These things are all supposed to be my first and last. And he's ruining it for me. I can't wait to just leave him, find someone and elope with them.

My family's not going to let me remarry someone, so might as well just elope and do everything again for real.

I look at my engagement ring and it's a silver ring with a diamond in the middle.

I don't even like silver. I'm a gold person. I always wear gold jewelry.

But not his fault, he doesn't even look at me. I never brought up the fact either.

Everyone is at the venue, and I'm alone in my apartment.

I have half an hour until I have to leave. I'm sitting in my room, in a long silk white dress hoping that maybe something will happen that'll cancel this engagement party and wedding completely.

It all felt unreal, up to this point. I'm getting married to a guy who wants nothing to do with me, and I'm helping him get his ex back.

Is it too late to back out? I don't like the thought of him with her.

But I know I can't make or keep him happy in this marriage. Better off with her.

I need to stop with these thoughts before I start crying again.

I take a few moments to debrief, before heading outside and getting a taxi.

I end up being five minutes late. In my defence, I tried to be on time.

When I walk in, I see probably over a hundred people.

Suddenly, I feel suffocated. As if someone was choking me. I have to fool these many people.

When I look around, I see him.

My heart starts to beat a bit too quick. He's wearing a simple black suit, but he makes it look like it's something unique. Unreal.

He's gorgeous.

He suddenly makes eye contact with me. As if, he knew he that I was looking at him. He looks at me up and down, his gaze soon meeting with mine. Something unknown flicker within his eyes.

I'm the first to break the eye contact, as Mils and Cami start talking to me, bringing me back to reality.

When did they get here?

"Mel, are you ready?" Cami asks me, increasing the volume of her voice.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, dumbfounded.