𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

So It Goes - Taylor Swift

The amount of events and meetings I've gone to affiliated with the NYC outlet of the Italian mafia, is astounding. Best part of it all is, Melina sticking with me through this shit.

Worst part of it all is every time I think Melina and I would have sex, something fucking cockblocks us. I swear within the past few weeks I've been thinking of backing out of this, just so I can be with Melina. Be inside Melina. 

She clearly finds it amusing, as every time we get cockblocked she laughs and pushes me out of the room in a teasingly manner. This is not a funny matter.

Things have been surprisingly amazing. I don't think I thought I'd ever say that word to describe my life, but Melina has made me. Being with her feels like witnessing daylight for the first time after being in the dark for all of my life.

Even while we're at this event, filled with all kinds of deranged people, she's the only one keeping me sane. All of the people I've met so far, they've either judged me or underestimated me, since I'm the Capo. Which, still hasn't fit into my brain.

I'm familiar with this lifestyle, but actually being in the habit of regularizing it into my life has been strange. My family wasn't really surprised, as they had a feeling I'd join the mafia sooner or later.

Laughter erupts from our table making me glare at the producer of the sound. I turn my head just to see Mila and Damien laughing their asses off, while Eva and Rocco sit in between them, unfazed.

When it came to my knowledge that, Melina invited Eva to their little hangout, I wasn't happy. At all.

Eva's annoying as it is, I don't need her inserting herself into this group and making all of these clowns more annoying than they already are.

Supposedly, she knew what Melina and I were up to. Or that's what Melina told me after their hangout. I personally, don't believe that Eva knew. Eva lies about a lot, so she's just going to have to prove herself to me, over time.

"Can you two shut the fuck up? People are staring." I say, glaring at Damien and Mila.

"Don't hate, molasses. We can teach you how to be funny too." Mila laughs, making Damien laugh along with her.

I swear, if it wasn't for Melina, Mila would be banished off of this planet. She gave me a stupid ass nickname because supposedly it sounds like my name? Rocco might need to put his girl on a leash.

"Let them be. They're having fun in their own world." Melina says, enveloping her hand in mine, and squeezing it in an endearing gesture.