𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

We all look stupid

We all look stupid.

Stupid's an understatement.

We're in fancy clothes, holding McDonald's take out, walking towards the beach.

Thank god, not that many people are here.

While we're walking, my phone pings from my purse.

Mama:
Where are you!? I can't find Mila and Alessio, either.

Me:
Funny story to tell you, Alessio's ex accidentally spilled sauce all over the back of my dress, so I dragged Mila, Alessio, and Rocco, to get McDonald's with me, and go change my clothes!

Mama:
First of all, who invited her? I don't remember anyone inviting her. Second of all, hurry up. People are almost done eating. You need to give your speech.

"Watch your step." A deep voice, makes me look up, halting in my steps.

"Hm?" I ask, while looking up. I find dark eyes, looking straight down at me.

Alessio's eyes move towards the unbalanced pavement.

"Oh, thank you." I say, smiling.

"Yeah well, didn't want to be your knight in shining armor, again." He says, cheekily.

"How do you feel now that you've completely, destroyed my fantasies?" I ask, putting a hand over my heart, faking being hurt.

"Great." He responds, grinning.

"Sadist." I say, while rolling my eyes, and look down at my phone.

Me:
Okay, bye love you.

"Who are you texting?" Alessio asks.

"Why do you care?" I reply, tilting my head, playfulness glinting in my eyes.

"I don't." He grits out.

"I'm joking. It's just my mom. She was asking where we are and stuff."

"Oh." Is all he says.

"You lovebirds need to hurry the fuck up." Mils yells out, her and Rocco, standing a couple feet away from us.

"Let's go." I say, and we start walking but I keep losing my balance, due to my heels and sand.

Not a great combination.

"What's wrong?" Alessio asks, turning his head around, noticing that I stopped walking.