𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

my tears ricochet - Taylor Swift

It's been a few days since I accidentally eavesdropped on that deadly phone call, Alessio was on. I don't think he was talking about me, it could've been about anyone...right?

I've recovered from my sickness, but yet I still feel sick to my stomach. I've been trying to avoid Alessio as much as I can, I'm not ready to face him entirely yet.

For the entire week, I've just covered it up by saying I'm still sick. Me trying to avoid him wasn't a very successful mission, considering he never left my side.

I do plan on asking him about that call, but it's a matter of how. No matter what I do, I don't think I'll be able to prepare myself for his response. I feel sick to my stomach.

For once, I just want to be happy permanently. Every time I think it'll last, it goes away as if it never existed. I don't want to feel this way anymore.

I'm currently in the kitchen, eating cereal at midnight. Totally normal. I just haven't been in the mood to eat much, I'm basically living off of cereal and coffee.

As I'm eating—deep in thought—I hear footsteps ascend towards the kitchen. I look up to see Alessio, walking towards me with his head hung low. He's been doing everything and more for me, in sickness and in health, to the point where it's indescribable.

He drives himself to the brink of death, just to put the pieces that other people broke, together so that I'll be okay. It's too good to be true for you.

"Why have you been avoiding me, Melina?" Alessio's saddened voice breaks me out of my melancholic state of mind.

My heart drops to my chest in fear. The sickness feeling now spreads through my body, making me crumble into a million pieces under his wrath.

"I haven't. I'm just feeling sick." I break eye contact with him, because I know if I look into his eyes, I won't be able to stop myself from revealing myself.

Alessio pulls my chin in his direction, to face him. His eyes stare right back at me, saying more than one is capable of. Those dark brown eyes that are filled with twisted malice, open a window to his heart and soul.

"You know that I love you, right?" My voice pleads in desperation. I don't care anymore, I just need answers. Anything.

There's a beat of silence, paralyzing my body with intense fear and anger. Let my nastiest demons be wrong this time. Please. Prove them wrong.