Chapter 1

Oh ri chidiya na tujhe ri
Kyon yeh duniya bhaaye re
Oh re panchhi kyon humesha
Baithi muh latkaaye re

Teri aankh yeh jo namm hai
Inmein jo gham hai
Chhod ke subah pe kar yakeen
Ho yeh jo jhoomta sawan hai
Meethi jo pawan hai
Teri hi muskaan se hai bani

Teri aankh yeh jo namm haiInmein jo gham haiChhod ke subah pe kar yakeenHo yeh jo jhoomta sawan haiMeethi jo pawan haiTeri hi muskaan se hai bani

The sunlight from my window forced me to open my eyes and what came to my view is my alarm clock which shows the time 7:15 am.

'Shit, shit, shit. Wake up Inara today's your result and you're sleeping like a dead'.

I woke up the next second, does my morning routine took shower and got ready in my outfit.
Black faded jeans and a oversized black t-shirt. Like an introverted girl that I am.
I applied my minimal makeup and went downstairs at 8:15.

"Good morning dadi" I wished dadi good morning.

"Good morning, my love. So ready for day?"

"Yepp."

"There's your breakfast at the dining table go eat and do otherwise you'll be late on your first day."

I kissed her cheek and go to dining table but the table was clean.

"Chachi where is my breakfast, dadi told me it's kept on the table."

"Oh! That was your breakfast I didn't know I fed it to the street dogs."

And with that she left.
After 23 years living with them I couldn't make them love me they hate me as much as they did when she left me on the doorstep of this house. Will it ever get easy? Will someone love me the way I deserve or maybe I do not deserve to be loved.

I put aside the negative thoughts and leave the dining room to say bye to dadi. She was smiling but as soon as she sees me her smile disappear and she asked.

"Did you eat your breakfast."

"Yes dadi I did."

And sensing my lie my stomach grumble

Traitor.

"I'm sorry, Inara."
My heart broke again as I see my grandma's expression.

"Oh come on, dadi, I'm going to college and you know my friends if I didn't eat anything with them they're gonna taunt me every time."

"Okay go you're gonna be late and don't be nervous you'll do great."

I kissed her cheek and left the house as soon as I step out of the house Rudra came in my view he was surely returning from his gym session.

"Hey, sissy."

"Hey, Rudy."

"So today's your result!. Nervous?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"For others? No.
For me? Hell yeah"

Doesn't matter how much I fake, Rudra can read me like a book and in this house only dadi and Rudra made me feel good

"Don't worry Inara you'll do great. I bet you'll pass with the flying rainbow 😉."

"Thank you. You always know how to make me feel better."

"That's what big brothers are for."

He kissed my forehead and gives me chocolate i hadn't noticed he was holding.

"Good luck, pumpkin."

I give him a irritating look. Doesn't matter how much I pretend to hate that nickname but I love it, also it provides me some sort of comfort.

With that I left the Chauhan mansion.
Hailed a cab and goes to my university. My friends were standing at the main gate waiting for me.

I paid the taxi. And goes to them.

"So, whose gonna fail." My friend teased

"I'm gonna punch your face do hard you'll see stars."

"Oh my god! You're hot when you get violent."

"You and your flirting."

"You can't blame a guy for trying. You're 23 years old and haven't had a single boyfriend."

They don't know about the guy I'm dating we're not serious but he made me feel beautiful.
His name is Ansh.
We're not in girlfriend boyfriend phase we are just testing the waters but he seems pretty serious he wants to be with me but I can't trust him fully yet. No one knows about him except Rudra. He's my secret keeper.

"About that. You know Ansh?"

"WHAT? Don't tell me Inara I'm gonna murder you if you tell me you're dating that asshole." Shanvi, Manav and Aman the trio screamed at me at the same time

"Uh-huh."

But before they can say any further I changed the subject and bring the topic back to our result

"Come on guys. Let's see our results."

"Okay, but you're gonna have to explain us this mess."

I roll my eyes at their over dramatic ass.
"Yes, but now let's go."

Manav took his laptop out and sees his and type his roll no. And the result came on the screen states 'Promoted with 70 percent'. Then came shanvi ' Promoted with 78 percent '. Then came Aman 'Promoted with 80 percent '. Now, it is my turn i type my roll number and before pressing the enter button I shut my eyes and said "Har Har Mahadev" and pressed the enter button.
But what greeted me gives me goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stands. I hear silence no words from either of my friends.
One minute pass
And I open my eyes pure shock etched on my friends face and I asked them did I fail. Aman grabbed my face and I stilled the words staring at me 'Promoted with 94 percent'.

And then my friends screamed I guess I have to go to the doctor and examine my ears I don't think that my ears are perfectly fine after the three scream I heard at the same time

I message Rudra.

Me
I passed with 94 percent.

Rudra
WHAT? Shit, oh my god.
CONGRATULATIONS, pumpkin.

Me
I'll talk to you later bye😘

Rudra
Yeah.🫠

I passed.

Author's note.

So this is the first chapter of my first story. Enjoy and do comment and vote.
Inara is dating Ansh right now but the hero is Ivaan Singh Oberoi.
To know what happened stay with me and read.
Byee,
Love you, pumpkins😉😉