chapter 5

Naa dard hai
Na gham tere
Na ishq hai na teri
Woh chaahatein

Haan khush hoon main.. tere bina
Na mujhmein bachi kahin.. teri aadatein

Hai phir kyun aankhon mein nami
Kyun main rota hoon aaj bhi
Kya khalti teri hai kami
Kyun main rota hoon aaj bhi

Hai phir kyun aankhon mein nami
Kyun main rota hoon aaj bhi
Kya khalti teri hai kami..

Hai phir kyun aankhon mein namiKyun main rota hoon aaj bhiKya khalti teri hai kami

My phone rings from an unknown number.

I pick up.

"Hello! Am I talking to Miss. Inara Chauhan?"

"Yes, you are. And may I know who's asking?'

"I'm Vaishnav. The manager of artlife. Mr. Alahwat have seen you painting. He likes your work and want to meet you. So can you come at 11 a.m. sharp?"

"Uh, I'm sorry but I'm not looking for a job".

I hung up.

I was lost in my thoughts about when dadi came.

"Honey, What you doing?"

"Nothing dadi, tell me do you need something?"

"Oh come on, I don't need anything I just came to spend some time with you".

"Oh, please come in".

Something's bothering her. She wants to say something but she can't.

"Dadi, talk to me. What's bothering you?"

And a lone tear escape her eye.

"Inara".

"Yes dadi, I'm here talk to me".

"I'm sorry, Inara".

"Dadi—"

"No, let me finish".

I nod.

"I'm so sorry, I should've be with you. If I've known how they treated you. I swear I would've never left you alone with these monsters. I'm so sorry".

"No, dadi. The only one who's at fault here is the women who give birth to me. If she didn't wanted me, she should've aborted me.
Why did she bring me in this world?
Just so that she could abandon me. So, she should've given me to the father who doesn't want me. She left me alone in this selfish world".

"Why me dadi? Why am I unwanted, unloved. I've never done anything to earn their hate. They think that I broke this family. Is it really my fault. Dadi?
Did I ask Mr. Chauhan to cheat on his wife?
Did I ask 'the women who gave birth to me' to abandon me and leave me here?
Dadi, I'm not jealous from anyone, but I also wanted what Rudra, Priyanka and Rubi had. Everyone hates me I've never wanted this.
You don't love me dadi, you pity me because of what your family did, don't worry dadi, I've been living this life for past 23 years, I'll be fine".